Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 12, 2016






For Today
September 12, 2016



It is hard to believe that 15 years have passed since the events of September 11, 2001...

We, as a country,
Will Never Forget.



Looking Out My Window
Well, babysitting on Monday mornings has put a major delay in my posts for Simple Woman each week; but, I plan to continue writing it whenever I can...

This week, it is Tuesday evening; in fact, it's 5:00 pm and time to consider what we will be eating!

It has been an over-cast and rainy day; it took us over an hour to get to our monthly breakfast outing...but it is cooler than it has been.

I am Thinking
Seriously?  I am trying to get my thoughts together for the "write31days" challenge starting October 1st, which is approaching very quickly!

I am Thankful
Always thankful for my family and friends; and on this few days after the anniversary of 9/11, my thoughts are on those who lost their lives on that day; those who responded in so many ways; those who have lost their lives since 9/11; those who serve and are ready to jump in and do what they can for our country...

Thank you, God, for all!

One of My Favorite Things
Spending time with my grandkids; and now that I get my 2-year old granddaughter one day every week...all to myself until mom gets back home...

I am "in Heaven"!

I am Wearing
A pair of tan capris, a light tan shirt with pink flowers, and my slippers...my very comfy slippers that I keep forgetting I'm wearing and almost walk out wearing them!


I am Crafting
I have a lot of ideas!  But, have a few projects I need to finish before I get those done...

Spent the last couple of days stamping a few of my dolls to send to someone who doesn't own any of them!  Sharing whatever way I can...

I am Reading
I am a bit more than half-way through "Someday" by Karen Kingsbury...the third book in the "Sunrise" series...


I am Learning
The best way to keep things less stressful is to just remember - he is not always right in what he says; and just letting it go over my head instead of correcting him sure does help!


In My Kitchen
We ate a late, big breakfast; and I had some toast with peanut butter around 4 pm (lunch?).  But, I am beginning to get hungry again!  Can't seem to get enough to eat...

Not sure what's on the menu for dinner; probably leftovers!

Shared Quote
After hearing an inspirational story on the Christian radio station I listen to in the car, the announcers were talking about life's storms and how God uses them and is with us through them.

One of them said, "God doesn't take away the storms; He just helps us get through them."

How true this is in my life!  Now, if I could just remember that when I go through the storms!

A Moment From My Day
I love spending time with BiBi (our nickname for Bijou, my 2 year old granddaughter)!  We read and color and have lunch and sometimes watch educational shows on NetFlix.

But, when mommy gets home, she is #1.

As soon as she walks in the door, what does BiBi say to MeMaw?  "Bye, MeMaw"...of course, I don't leave right away!  I hang out for a little while to talk with my daughter before I leave them.

Out of the mouths of babes, you just never know what they are going to say!!


Closing Notes
And, so ends another post for Simple Woman's Daybook...

And, the beginnings of a busy week...

Have a blessed week, and join me again next week for another look into my "daybook"...better known as a "planner" for some folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!