Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Day 4 - BREW {2016)


Today is Day 4 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this years' "free writes".  Check out all of my posts in this series here.




The word for today is Brew...


The first thought I had when I read this word was that "ha ha joke" that keeps showing up on Facebook...

It isn't up to the women to make coffee because the Bible says, "He Brews"!

I am not a fan of coffee; but I love the smell of it as it surrounds the house or restaurant where it is being brewed.  The pleasing aroma fills my nostrils and gives me happy feelings.

What about our "aroma"?  What does our aroma give off to others?  Does it give them happy feelings, like that coffee does for me?


"For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life."  (II Corinthians 2:15 NRSV)

Let's take a look at verses 15 and 16 in the New Living Translation:

"Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God.  But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.  To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom.  But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume.  And who is adequate for such a task as this?"

Although this version doesn't use the word "aroma" as the other one does, we can still get the idea from the reference to "perfume"...

Same thing, right?


Aroma; Perfume ... a brew that is sure to touch each person with whom we come into contact.

Whatever "brew" we share in our cups, may we always know our cup overflows with God's blessings; therefore, we are able to bless others with His "life-giving perfume".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!