Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gifts Found in June 2015 - Part 3

All I can say is:  WHERE has this month gone?!   I have posted Part 1 and Part 2 of the "Gifts Found in June"; and here I am posting Part 3!!  This journey I am on has shown me the amazing Gift's God so generously gives to each of us!!

So, here goes another week's worth of Gifts:



June 15th
3 Gifts in His Word

1.  The Gift of Hope - We have hope in Him...no matter what situation we find ourselves in, there is hope...in Him!

2.  The Gift of Possible - With Christ, all things are possible!  There is nothing that God cannot do...

His plans are the Grand Plans; and He works all things possible into His Plans!

3.  The Gift of Praise - "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things He does for me.  He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases."  Psalm 203:2-3 (NLT)

For me to praise God is my gift to Him...all that He does for me is His gift to me!  His far out-shines anything I could do for Him - yet, He is waiting to hear from me!

Thank you,God...for - Everything!



June 16th
3 Gifts Moving

1.  The Gift of Youth - A 4-year old, running - or fast-walking - around the perimeter of the park; is pure energy being let out...

Moving to the beat of his own independent drum!

The energy of a 4-year old...oh, yes!  Moving!!

2.  The Gift of Age - Though not as energetic as that 4-year old, we joined them at the park - in weather over 90 degrees...

That heat zapped our "old age" energy!!  But, we did continue moving - although slowly!

3.  The Gift of Movement - Some "gifts" I struggle to find!  But, watching a talent show, I see so many "gifts" -

Talents in "moving"; such as dancing, the "slight of hand" of a magician, and then...

There are the "death-defying" acts that have me on the edge of my seat - 

Jumping from a helicopter, and not pulling the parachute cord 'til the very last seconds; twirls, and leaps, anjd jumps of a cyclist; water "tricks" on a jet ski...

Amazing?!  Crazy?!  Suicide?!

Hard for me to think of why someone would even attempt these acts; but they do...

I guess for them, it is their talent, their gift!



June 17th
3 Gifts in Your Dad

1.  The Gift of Perseverance - Even after his stroke, my dad would persevere in his hobby, putting together many model airplanes -

With his crippled one hand, he'd prop the pieces and paint, glue and put them together; persevering until it was completed.

2.  The Gift of Love - There was no question about the love my dad had for my mom, for the 40 years they were married.  He died about a month after their 40th wedding anniversary.  There was also no question about his love for his 3 children.  My dad would have turned 90 years old this past May 25th; and he has been gone for 25 years.

3.  The Gift of Security - My dad always provided for his family, giving us all we needed - a house; food; an education; spiritual upbringing; and parents who loved us, unconditionally.


June 18th
3 Gifts from Your Heavenly Father

1.  The Gift of Strength - "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  Psalm 46:1 (NRSV)



2.  The Gift of Hope - From my devotion in the Psalms, using the book, "A Daily Journey Through Psalms for Women", I read these words:

"...when the demands of life seem great, you may find yourself feeling exhausted, discouraged, or both.  That's when you need a fresh supply of hope, and God is ready, willing, and able to supply it."

Thank you, God, that my hope is found in You!

3.  The Gift of Love - As much as I know my earthly father loved me...

I know my Heavenly Father's love is so much more than I could ever understand!

I thank my Heavenly Father for the love of my earthly father who has been gone so many years...

Some days, it's hard to believe it's been so long!  And I thank you, my Heavenly Father, for the love you show this failing child, who just can't seem to "get it right"...

Thank you for your unfailing, unconditional love!


June 19th
3 Gifts You Became Today in Serving

1.  The Gift of Graciousness - Accepting the offer to do something for me...why is it so hard to allow my husband to do something for me?!

But, today I paused and quit the protest...and let him go fill my car up with gas, even though I have half a tank of gas - he wanted needed something to do, and I let him do it!

2.  The Gift of Compassion - Serving God can take on so many "hats" or roles.  Today, as I read the post of an online friend, I felt compassion reading his words.

He is dying; how long he has left, only God knows.  Yet, his words uplift, inspire, draw the readers into his life; to share our prayers, our own words of comfort; a cyber-hug, so to speak!

Thank you, God, for friends; be with those in need of your comfort and strength.

3.  The Gift of Patience - I'm not sure this fits me - most of the time I am not patient...

Actually, most of the time I am patient, except with my husband.

It is so hard carrying on a conversation with someone who has a hearing loss and a memory problem...

But, for the most part, I did exercise patience today!

As I was finalizing this post, I watched a very touching video about patience that had me in tears...I think God was speaking directly to me!



June 20th
A Gift Bent, Beautiful, Loved

The Gift of Friendship - God has gifted me with a great number of friends...

Many are "scrappy" friends, sharing the hobby I love, scrapbooking!  They are more than willing to share "product" - inks, paper, ribbon; you name it.  If you need it, someone will surely have it!

They are also generous with handmade things, like the awesome die-cuts we swap; and the one made for me by a new friend: "This Magical Moment."


Now, to pick out the right photos to put on a page with this awesome title and other embellishments!


June 21st
3 Gifts Found in Light

1.  The Gift of Lights - Stumbling around in the dark, it's sometimes hard to see what's in your way...

But shed a bit of light - even the smallest of lights - and the way is clear...

2.  The Gift of The Light - ...and the same can be said of our life's journey...

Sometimes we travel on that journey in darkness, not knowing if we've taken the right road.

God's Word - and His direction - will lead us to the right path.

The Light of the World - Jesus!

3.  The Gift of Promise - Problems may come and go; some harder than others.  but, God's promises help me be assured that there is "light at the end of the tunnel".


June 22nd
3 Gifts That are Difficult

1.  The Gift of Memories - Three years ago today, I received a call from the nursing home where my mom resided.  She was taking a breathing treatment and asked the nurse if it was time for her pain meds...

When the nurse came back with the meds, mom had slipped away...just that quickly.

I think about my mom often; I miss her very much.  But, I know where she is; I also know she has been re-united with my dad, who has been gone for 25 years.

2.  The Gift of Story-Telling - So many times I want to share things - stories, experiences, life stuff that I just can't seem to get words together to say what I want to say.

The idea is there; the thoughts slowly coming together... But, the words just won't come out as I was hoping they would.

But, maybe they'll come - eventually!

3.  The Gift of Acceptance  - It is difficult to accept all people as God's people; to accept them all as equal...

Black, white, brown, tan, yellow ... even if they were pink or purple!!  God created man "in His own image".

So, it's difficult when we see or hear of people doing wrong - killing, stealing, embezzeling, whatever!  It's hard to not accept the person's race as a "reason" or factor in what they have done.

But I do try to accept...even while living with one who does not...



This concludes Part 3 of "Gifts Found in June"; the final part will be shared later in the month - well, once the month has ended!



2 comments:

  1. Hope would be good right now. I'm hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you right now Andrew! Praying God's arms surround you and give you the comfort and strength you need...

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!