Thursday, January 28, 2016

WORD WEDNESDAY - Outward Joy


My Word of the Year for 2016 is JOY!  Each week I will share in a "Word Wednesday" post as I discover the JOY in my life - and yours!  Please join me during this year-long journey...





Laughter, giggles, shouts of excitement!

Jumping up and down, and dancing all around...

Outward signs of joy...

Unimaginable joy!

So, what would cause someone to laugh and giggle and shout with excitement?

What would cause someone to jump up and down; to dance all around?

Found on Pinterest

That's a little hard to say...

But, just watch as a two-year old falls into the arms of his mother, giggling excitedly as she cuddles with him.

Listen to the shouts of a little child that has found what they were looking for...maybe a ball that was missing; or the kitty or puppy on the next page of the book they were "reading".

Or, just watch two little boys playing "good guy/bad guy" as they run around trying to catch the bad guy; or maybe they are the bad guys running away from the good ones!

Yes, it is easy to find joy when you are a child.  That joy is waiting right around the corner; it's whatever game they find to play next...

Because a child knows joy and joy knows a child!

Found on Pinterest
From Disney/Pixar's
"Inside Out"


As adults, it is a lot harder to find joy in the everyday routines of our life, isn't it?

But...we need more joy in our lives!  We need to take the time to make sure we find joy.

"Laughter is the best medicine," right?  Isn't that what "they" say?

Laughter is an outward way of showing joy!  Giggles and shouts of excitement...

When was the last time you laughed out loud?

For me, it was while watching a movie on TV not too many nights ago.  It was not a movie that I would have chosen; but it captured my attention, reeled me in, and caused the laughter...not just once, but several times!

While it didn't have me jumping up and down, or dancing all around, it created the outward joy that was missing.

And it felt good!

The key is to "take time to smell the roses"...

Found on Pinterest

Really!

Just take the time to stop and look for joy in your every day life...

So...

And, once you have found your joy, be sure to share it...

Found on Pinterest


I would love to know what gives you joy ...please share in the comments!

And join me nexty week for another post on the word "JOY".

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, powerful thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Jeanie! I appreciate your reading and commenting...I am finding out how hard it is to write on ONE WORD for a long period of time!!! But, am keeping it up so far.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Your pics are so great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! I try to spend enough time looking for images and quotes so they fit with the posts I publish!

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!