Tuesday, August 16, 2016

"Second Chances" - Prompt 17/21


Found on Pinterest
Shared by smile.amazon.com


In the movie, "Ground Hog Day", Bill Murray portrays Phil Connors, an arrogant Pittsburgh TV weatherman.

During an assignment covering the Ground Hog Day event in Punxsutawney, PA, Phil finds himself in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again.

After numerous times of repeating the day, Phil begins to re-examine his life and priorities.

These words in Lamentations 3 may be helpful for Phil Connors - or anyone who finds themselves repeating the same day, or same situations over and over again.

Lamentations 3:17 - 21 (The Message Bible)

"I gave up on life altogether.  I've forgotten what the good life is like.  I said to myself, 'This is it.  I'm finished.  God is a lost cause.'  It's a Good thing to Hope for Help from God.  I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness, the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.  I remember it all - oh, how well I remember - the feeling of hitting the bottom.  But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:  God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up.  They're created new every morning.  How great your faithfulness!  I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).  He's all I've got left."

Verses 22 - 23 from NRSV says:  "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

He gives us today ...



But, then we have tomorrow to "get it right" if we have failed in any way; or if we didn't get everything finished.

And, if we still didn't "get it right"; if we still haven't finished our task ...



There's always tomorrow ...

Again!

Like Phil in "Ground Hog Day," we are given the chance to examine our lives and - eventually - to "get it right!"

Emily Freeman says, "God believes in second chances, and even third chances ... He believes in moving past the mistake.  He believes in helping us to become who He knows we can become."

Thank you, God, that you give us second chances ... and, sometimes even more!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!