Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 15, 2016






For Today
August 15, 2016


Looking Out My Window
At 9:00 a.m. it was already 80 degrees; I hate to think what it is now, at 3:30 p.m.  But, whatever it is outside...it is very comfortable inside; and that's where I am staying today...

The rest of the week will be BUSY!





I am Thinking
There's still a lot for me to learn in this "caregiving" journey!





I am Thankful
Today I am thankful for the words I read from friends and "strangers" who have become friends!  The quotes and comments and encouragement given by others is amazing and keeps me going when I just don't think I can!

One of My Favorite Things
Actually, I really love being home - alone! - and relaxing in the evening with my husband, too.  Especially during this summer that has been so very hot, home is where I love to be...

Most of the time!  There are times when I'm ready to leave again...but here I am!

I am Wearing
A pair of gray shorts, a light blue shirt with darker blue flowers, and...my crocs!

I am Crafting
While at our craft place on Saturday, I finished a tag for an "Ice Cream" themed swap and two ATC's for a "Paint Chip" swap.  Quite pleased with how they turned out, and now to get them mailed; but here's the "sneak peak" I shared on the group - I'll share the whole project after they have been received!

Ice Cream Theme
ATC Swap
Sneak Peak

Paint Chip Theme
Tag Swap
Sneak Peak

And, while I was at our craft place, I also started filling "goodie bags" for the upcoming Puppy Crop.  We have some time yet, but it's better to be ahead of the game!!

I am Reading
I picked up several old issues of "Angels on Earth" at church and have just finished reading them.  I am now reading the current issue of Guideposts magazine.

Once I've finished the magazine, I'll go back to the second book in the "Sunrise" series by Karen Kingsbury.

I am Hoping
Everything works out as we are planning for my daughter and I to attend my granddaughter's wedding in September.  So far, I haven't mentioned anything to my husband...reasons I won't share; but some may be aware of the issues.

I am excited, but anxious - as in breaking the news to my husband!  But, so far, we are still planning to go.

I am Learning
Every day, I learn a little more; or at least, realize a few more things that I can do to make things a little calmer around here.

As the above quote says, it's a "constant learning experience."

In My Kitchen
Chicken is thawing for dinner; I think I'll use bar-b-que sauce and bake it.  Not sure what sides I'll make with it...

But, I'm already getting hungry!

I have gained 10 pounds since my last doctor's visit; I really need to lose that plus more!  So, I'm trying hard to eat better...Grocery shopping this week should be a real fun adventure!

Board Room

Found on Pinterest
Shared by Craftster

I came across this sample while searching Pinterest for an idea for the Paint Chip swap.  I have the perfect person to create this for, actually two people!  But, it may take a long time to get it finished!


Shared Quote

Found on Pinterest
Shared by Deseret News

I used this quote on my post for Karen's Tuesday @ Ten link-up; the word for last week, ending tonight, is Dream.  Check it out here.

And, check out Karen's blog here.

A Moment From My Day
I took a break to have a salad for lunch; relaxed on the couch for about 30 minutes...

Guess who joined me?

Midnight is enjoying my lap

Closing Notes
That concludes this week's Simple Woman's Daybook...I didn't get one posted the last two weeks and am happy to have finished today!

Join me again next week - hopefully!








4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a heat wave for you! We are having a break in the heat with our high temp today only reaching 79 and the humidity is down as well so we are able to open the windows. Praying that God will soften your husbands heart for you to attend your granddaughter’s wedding. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa! I've been thinking and praying and hoping he'd accept it...and I did talk with him about it last night...I've been a bit "lazy" today; and haven't even posted this week's SWD; but am getting ready to TRY to get it written before I head to the kitchen to cook dinner!

      Thanks for reading and sharing your comment!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank, Jen!! She has to be lying as close to me as she can get!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!