Friday, March 18, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 14, 2016






For Today
March 14, 2016


Outside My Window:  Another gorgeous day, close to 90 degrees - that is how we "spring" here in Florida!

Yesterday (as in Sunday, since I am late this week with my post!) turned into a cloudy, rainy day with very wet and slick roads.  It was no surprise to see so many vehicles along the side of the road.  I would have stayed home Sunday evening, but had a wedding to attend.

An accident delayed traffic for hours, closing down all but one lane on the interstate.  Cars were moving from four lanes to one; and the exit I needed was just beyond the accident site.  I did not hear any updates about the passengers in the vehicle that was completely upside down.  There were papers and other things from the vehicle scattered all around.

Prayers for all involved!

I Am Thinking:  About the wedding I attended on Sunday evening; because of the above accident, I was late and unable to be seated until after everyone had walked down the aisle.  But, I was able to witness a beautiful wedding ceremoney, and the uplifting music led by my daughter.

I Am Praising God for:  The message of love and relationships, and following God's call for each of us that was shared during the wedding ceremony on Sunday.  This couple, who met as missionaries in Cameroon, Africa, were following His call when they met and fell in love.

The groom's pastor for the past 10 years was able to attend the wedding, where he gave a wonderful, inspiring mini-sermon.

The praising and celebrations continued at the reception with a blend of old and new musical favorites and some African music and dance to celebrate the groom's culture.

During the dinner, we tasted a couple of samples of African foods.

And, the bride and groom left wearing matching African attire; and headed to the beach for a peaceful honeymoon.

Thank you, God, for this young woman and the man you selected for her to continue her journey with.

I Am Wearing:  A pair of black pajama bottoms; a pink night shirt with little white and black dogs; and my crocs.

I Am Creating:  A set of twelve die-cuts for a summer-themed swap.  Mine will be Olaf from the movie, "Frozen" lying on the beach under a beach umbrella.  Not finished putting them together yet; but will post a picture when I'm done with them.

A Few Things for the Week:

Monday:  Eye appointment for hubby and I; then computer "work".

Tuesday:  It's Payday; therefore, we shop!

Wednesday:  Scrapbooking with friends so I can finish my Olafs.

Thursday:  A little more shopping, including birthday gifts for my soon-to-be five-year old grandson.  Later, computer "work" left undone from Monday!

Friday:  Perhaps stay-at-home day; but I may go scrapbook again...still need to finish a few projects before the Puppy Crop the first of the month (April 1 - 4).

Saturday:  A Disciples' Women's meeting; then I think I will just rest and try to catch up on myself!

Sunday:  Church, possibly lunch with my "Sunday lunch bunch"; then attend a Card Class at our craft place.

I Am Wondering:  Truth?  I am wondering why I keep having to re-do this type!!  For some reason, it picks up a different font and size; and looks horrible when I preview it.  So, I am re-typing most of the post I had almost finished on Monday!

But, seriously, this is what I originally wrote:  "Does life really slow down...sometimes?  I am waiting for that slow down!  Or, do I really want to slow down?!

I Am Reading:  {Finished} "Surprised by Joy" by C. S. Lewis;  and by "finished", I really mean "gave up on it".  I am quite certain for someone who has more educatin - college or more, perhaps? - his writing is great.  But, for me, I think it stops with "The Chronicles of Narnia", which I thoroughly enjoyed reading!

So, I have started reading Danielle Steel's "Mixed Blessings".  I am almost sure I read it years ago; but discovered the book still on my bookshelf.

I still have several boxes of books to go through and get rid of those I no longer want to hold onto.  With two opportunities for yard/craft sales in April and May, hopefully I can do more de-cluttering and "spring" cleaning.

I Am Hoping:  The gorgeous weather we are having lately continues; but the temps don't continue to climb - like almost 90 degrees on Monday!  I love the sunny, breezy, cloudy, beautiful weather; I can just do without the HEAT!

I Am Looking Forward to:  Spending some time with family in the next couple of weeks during Spring Break; and planning another road trip for my husband and I.  Just not sure where to go...I can think of a couple of places I'd love to go; but...we will see where we end up!

I Am Learning:  That I need to take more of an active role in my husband's health and well-being; and incorporate into our diet a much more well-rounded meal at least every other day!?

Did I really just write that?!  I think it really is the truth, though!

I Am Hearing:  The sound of silence - at least, that is what I was hearing on Monday when I started writing this post!

Right now, I am hearing "Flip or Flop" on HGTV...I was actually going to go rest a while; but ended up working on my post instead.

In My Kitchen:  Semi-clean; dishes in the dishwasher that just finished washing.  Other chores to do such as the kitchen floor and the fridge that need to be cleaned...

Maybe next week I'll get some "spring cleaning" done?

I Am Pondering:  God's Word in Ecclesiastes that was used on Sunday at the wedding.  God meant for us to have a partner in life; it is better with two!  Maybe that is what I am learning?

A Fave Scripture Thought:




Another Simple Woman's Daybook has been completed.  Join me again next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!