Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 21, 2016





For Today
March 21, 2016


Outside My Window:  Another beautiful day, though the temp when we left at 9:00 am was only in the 40's!  We have been having some beautiful weather, and it did get to 64 degrees.

This is what I see outside my window: the barren tree is beginning to flower again!


Can you see the two buds about in the middle of the picture??  Other trees in the area have a few more buds, but this one is more shaded from the buildings.

I Am Thinking:   Of taking hubby and I on an outing this week...nothing major; just to a park and/or the beach across the highway from it.  May be one of the spring break outings?

I Am Praising God for:   The "complete joy" he promises us in John 16:22-24.  Check out the scripture below!

I Am Wearing:  A pair of jeans and a pink shirt; and, of course, my crocs.

I Am Creating:  Did not complete my Olaf die cuts...but discovered I was working extremely hard to complete a task that is not due until JULY!!

So, I am switching to a couple of other projects that I know I need for the retreat in April; and will finish the Olafs at that retreat so they will be done by July!

A Few Things for the Week:

Monday:  Celebrating my grandson's 5th birthday with strawberry/banana pancakes; then going to the Budweiser plan to see the Clydesdales.

Tuesday:  This may be my stay-home day; but I may go hang out with my older daughter so I can hear all about the spring break cruise!

Wednesday:  Scrapbooking with friends after we go for labs.

Thursday:  This may be my stay-home day if I do go see my daughter; or I may flip the days!

Friday:  Not sure?

Saturday:  Taking a Prima doll class in the morning; not sure of the afternoon.

Sunday:  Easter Sunday; church, then lunch with the family.

{And since it is spring break for my younger daughter and her family, some of these days may change as we plan more impromptu outings!}

I Am Wondering:  Does retired life slow down anytime?!  Do I want it to?

I Am Reading:  Still reading Danielle Steel's "Mixed Blessings" which I am even more certain I have read before and seen the movie!

I Am Hoping:  For more fun outings like today!

I Am Looking Forward to:  A "road trip" with a couple of my friends to the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot in Orlando...I think I have shared this before; but, well, I guess I am excited and "looking forward to" it!

I Am Learning:  Perhaps I share too much about myself?!  Maybe I need to stop focusing on myself and my issues and concerns?

I Am Hearing:  Always the TV!

In My Kitchen:  Time to decide what's for dinner!

I Am Pondering:  A comment that was made to me the other day; not sure if it was serious or just teasing, but has me thinking.

A Fave Scripture Thought:  

"So you have pain now; but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.  On that day you will ask nothing of me.  Veryt truly, I will tell you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.  Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete."  (John 16:22-24)



Another Simple Woman's Daybook has been completed.  Join me again next week.




2 comments:

  1. I love spring break where plans can change in an instant and you can be forever warmed by a fun memory. I have so many ideas for retirement that I too wonder if I will be busier in retirement. Have a simply beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I love my flexible retirement; certainly not what I would have thought it would be like when planning (or NOT planning) even 5 years ago!

      Hope your Holy Week and Easter are amazing...thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!