Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 7, 2016



Each week I join Peggy and many others for a link-up of prompts about our day and week.  It is one of my fave blogs to follow!  Check it out here.




For Today
March 7, 2016


Outside My Window:  It is another beautiful day here in North Florida!  The temp is in the 60's; the sun is shining brightly, with a little breeze...and, here I am, inside!  Guess I need to find some outside time soon.

I Am Thinking:  About how tired I am, and that "cat nap" didn't do anything except make me miss the ending to the All-Star cooking competition...twice!

I Am Praising God for:  A wonderful, creative group of ladies that I call "friends" in my world of scrapbooking...more about that later...

I Am Wearing:  A pair of jeans, a dark purple shirt with sunflowers, and my crocs.

I Am Creating:  This past Friday and Saturday was spent at Our Crafting Place creating scrapbook layouts to be auctioned off at the Spring Puppy Crop that is almost here.

On Friday we held our Disney themed  "Ugly Paper" event.  Only four or five ladies participated; but the pages created will benefit Patriot Service Dogs.  This one is my "Mischievious Mickey" layout.

Now, I must explain the "Ugly Paper" concept:  it doesn't mean the paper we use is "ugly" - though we have found some pretty awful looking papers!  It just means you have no idea what to do with it!  Anyway, who ever heard of ugly anything Disney?

On Saturday, we had as many as 15 ladies stop by to create pages for the auction.  At the end of the day, a total of 31 layouts had been completed.  More were created throughout the rest of the weekend.

Besides the "ugly paper" layout, I created four other Disney pages:













I had already received other pages for the auction; so after the Saturday event, we had a total of 45 layouts.

I have also donated two Prima doll tags for the cause.



The auction we had at the last retreat brought in as much as $50.00 for one layout!  It was so much fun watching the bidding wars.

I am so blessed to be counted among these talented and generous ladies!

A Few Things for the Week:


Monday:  My stay-at-home day, with an evening to watch my grandkids for a short time.  The evening was just cancelled due to sickness of one of the kids; so I guess it's a stay-at-home evening as well!

Tuesday:  My husband and I are attending his monthly breakfast with alumni of his high school.  Then I'll finish a few things around the house and head out around 6:00 pm for the Pastor Search Committee meeting.

Wednesday:  Routine lab work in the morning, then a day crafting with my friend.  I may work on a few more layouts for the auction mentioned above.

Thursday:  Spending the day with my daughter, and hanging around long enough to see my two older grandsons.  They leave next Wednesday (Spring Break) for a Disney cruise - I am very jealous!!  Well, not really!  I would just love to go on another cruise!

Friday:  Maybe another stay-at-home day; I need to get back to the de-cluttering of my craft room!

Saturday:  Attending a planning meeting for an event to be held in Jacksonville for the ladies of the Florida Region of Disciples Women.  It is going to be awesome hosting that meeting!

Then, after I leave the meeting, I'll go to a themed crop at Our Crafting Place...the theme?  Bacon!  Can't wait to see what the food will be - bacon, bacon, and more bacon!  and what games and prizes and other things we may see...think: piggies and bacon?!

Sunday:  Attending church, then in the evening attending the wedding of one of my daughter's friends. 

I Am Wondering:  If this is "retirement", when did I have time to have fun when I was working full-time?!  I love it!! 

I Am Reading:  "Surprised by Joy" by C. S. Lewis, one of four of his collections in a volumn titled, "The Inspirational Writings of C. S. Lewis".  It's hard reading...I am not a scholarly person; I love to read a novel with a plot and a story line and characters.  I loved his "Chronicles of Narnia"; but this?!  I will finish this one and take a break.  Then may read "Reflections on the Psalms" because I love the Psalms! 

I Am Hoping:  To catch up on my rest? 

I Am Looking Forward to:  More stay-at-home days?!

I Am Learning:  To stop and rest when I need to...like this afternoon when I took my "nap"!

I Am Hearing:  The news...again!

In My Kitchen:  A pot of leftover chicken noodle soup...it's what's for dinner tonight.

I Am Pondering:  My life...hmmm?!  Pretty busy, isn't it?!


A Fave Scripture Thought:  "Jesus said, 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' "  (Matthew 11:28 - NIV)



Another Simple Woman's Daybook has been completed.  Join me again next week.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my visit to your TSWD post. Your scrapbooking efforts were fun to see ... and I especially liked your doll tags!

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today, Brenda! I love scrapbooking and crafts; and now that I am retired, work on them as often as I can in my busier than ever lifestyle! Hope you also have a beautiful day!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!