Monday, August 3, 2015

AWAKEN



Time for this week's Tuesday @ Ten, where we have a week to write on the prompt that Karen provides for us...

So, since Karen has taken us back to a one-word prompt, I have decided to write a poem instead of the "normal" post on the word!  So, here goes:


AWAKEN


Awaken...
My eyes
to the morning light;
to a new day,
after a restless night.

Awaken...
My ears
to the sounds...
the shouts of joy!
the voices of happiness;
the song of the birds...
the whispers of
a silent world -
and the voice of God.

Awaken...
My being
to new beginnings,
new opportunities,
new choices;
to new discoveries,
new chances,
new life.

Awaken...
My soul
to the wonders
that God has created;
to the journey
that God is leading
me to discover,
not on my own;
but with His guidance.

Awaken...

My eyes;
My ears;
My being;
My soul;

I am

Awakened...
to all that God has
for me!



5 comments:

  1. Well I find your poem most enlightening myself. Very well written. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tessa!! I published not being really sure how it would sound!! I love writing - and poetry - but sometimes am not sure how it will go over!!

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/08/your-dying-spouse-38-stages-of-grief.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrew and Diana...thought I'd go a different route this week! When I read the word, the words started slowly forming in my head!

    Appreciate your reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!