Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 10, 2015


Linking up with


Another week is here - and, it is Monday again!  In fact, it is already the second Monday of August!  Back to school; the end of summer - but not of the HOT weather!

And I am linking up with Peggy and the other bloggers for "The Simple Woman's Daybook", a great way to write from prompts - but more important, a great way to connect with other bloggers!

So, here goes...


For Today:
August 10, 2015



Outside My Window:  It is 93 degrees outside - and the humidity makes it even more - on this HOT summer afternoon...I let the morning get away from me...


I am Hearing:  "Love it or List it" on HGTV!

I am Thinking:  Of way too many things...

I am Thankful:  For a wonderful weekend, which included a beautiful wedding on Sunday afternoon!

I am Praying for:  My friend who had knee replacement surgery this morning; another friend who recently had hip replacement surgery, and is doing great!  And, for the "new couple" from the above wedding!

I am Wearing:  {Believe it or not at 3:00 pm}, I am still wearing my pj's!!  A yellow night-gown with pink, yellow, blue and red flowers and a pair of light blue pants.

I am Creating:  The beginning of a "project"; right now putting together a puzzle that will eventually be incorporated into a display piece - either framed or put onto a tray or someting.

Starting the outer frame;
the previous "owner" had all
outside pieces in a plastic baggie!

What the finished puzzle
will look like!

My friend loves buttons and I am always trying to find something different; this puzzle was a thrift store find and will work out perfectly!


I am Going:  To my husband's alumni breakfast in the morning; but for today, it is National Lazy Day!!


Love Sandra Boynton's work!!

I am Wondering:  If I will be able to come up with a "Write31Days" topic that I'll be able to complete...???

I am Reading:  There are only two more short stories left to read in "Chicken Soup for the Writers' Soul"!  After our short vacation (or maybe during!), I'll choose something else to read!

I am Excited That:  We are going on a short vacation in just over a week!

Atlanta here we come!!

I am Learning to:  Take the time to enjoy my life now because one of these days...

I may not be able to enjoy it as I do now!

In My Kitchen:  My husband just went to the store and bought some instant pudding; he is wanting some for later today...

Around the House:  A real need for some cleaning; anyone wanna help me out here???

Just kiddin'!  That's what's on the agenda for the days between now and vacation!

I am Pondering:  A subject for "Write31Days" this October!



A Favorite Quote for Today:  "After many years in publishing - a writer at Business Week, Time and CBS, assistant managing editor at Reader's Digest - I've come away with one single golden rule of writing.  This is simply that there's a writer in every one of us, because there's a story in every one of us."  {Philip Barry Osborne in "Lesson of a Lifetime" written for "Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul".}

A Fave Scripture Thought:  "Wait for the Lord; be courageous and let your heart be strong.  Wait for the Lord."  (Psalm 27:14 - HCSB)

From my morning devotion in the Psalms; I wrote the following in my journal:  "God's timing!  The devotion message was 'His own time-table, not ours...'

And, I continued: "God is our creator, and He knows, not only what is best for us; but also, when the time is right!"


So, I'll end today's Simple Woman's Daybook with a cute photo taken the other day at the park:

Photo by BJLondon

I know I left off the best part; but was actually trying to capture the cute little flip flops she is wearing!!  Adorable, if I do say so myself!


Thanks for joining me for this week's Simple Woman's Daybook!!





6 comments:

  1. Weather in our part of the world is even hotter now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Cynia! I've seen weather even hotter than here...funny weather!! But, I will be glad when it does cool off a bit!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Loved this, though I did quite a few of the 95 degree / 95% humidity days in the bush...it was pretty tiring, and there were times when a firefight felt like a relief.

    At least if I got greased, Heaven would have air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Andrew, I am sure it gets quite HOT in the bush!! And it does make one very tired...I actually dozed off this afternoon while I was watching a TV show; I was sorting photos while watching so I wouldn't doze off...and ran out of photos!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  3. Like getting this glimpse into your daily life. love those little flip flops! Hope it gets cooler for you soon! 93 degrees is way out of my comfort level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These prompts do tend to give a glimpse into our daily lives, don't they, Teresa?! (Not sure I used the right word here - don't or doesn't?!)...aren't the flip flops so precious? They have a strap across the back to hold them on; but it was surprising how she actually let them stay on!! Cooler probably won't come 'til around mid or end of Sept. But, it's OK...just spend more time inside than outside!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!