Thursday, March 12, 2015

CREATE





Time for this week's link up with Karen Beth for Tuesday @ Ten where we have a full week to write on the word prompt.









Actually...

This is last week's word:

CREATE 


But...

Even though I wrote it out on paper first...

I didn't get it posted!

Which is a really sad thing!!

Because -

I DO CREATE!

All the time!!

So, here goes:

Sitting at my craft table (that, once upon a time looked like this)...



I take a sheet or two of plain cardstock - maybe it's white, or black, or a deep shade of navy;

It could be pink or baby blue, or even purple!

Next, I find some colorful paper that coordinates with the cardstock;

Maybe a pretty floral; or polka dots (my daughter dresses her baby in many outfits with polka dots; I call her "Dottie").

Or, the paper could have baseballs, or monsters, or super heroes all over it.

For this layout, I just found some patterned paper that highlighted the blues in the photos...



After choosing the right papers, I find other things that will embellish the page I am creating.


I cut out some mats that will make the photos "pop"!

And then lay a few other things around the page:

Flowers or butterflies or a few buttons;

Baseballs and bats and gloves;

Monsters with googly eyes;

A "POW" embellishment to coordinate with the hero chosen for the page:


Next, I select a title for the page and add that; or just let the photos tell the story...

Add a few pictures;

And, I have created a page to add to one of the many scrapbooks I am working on...

Comparing Brothers,
Shayne and Sebastian


This is what I do to keep me busy;

And to preserve memories for the family!






10 comments:

  1. Nice!!!!!

    When I was well enough to do serious work on restoring aeroplanes, I suppose there was a creative aspect. I had to find a way to reproduce parts, using basic hand tools, that had originally been mass-produced by factories seventy years ago.

    They had 100-ton drop presses. I have a mallet and a shot bag, and various pieces of scrap wood and metal to use for forms.

    It was fun.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/03/my-in-laws-hate-me-wedded-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh WOW Andrew.. thats cool! that does sound fun . do you still do it?

      Delete
    2. I try to do a little bit every day...but pain's become so great, and energy so short, that it;'s tough.

      Still, at least a few minutes of work does wonders for morale...and it makes that little bit of progress.

      Delete
    3. Your craft does sound cool!! And yes, it IS a craft!! My father used to build model airplanes; and when he had his stroke, he had a paralyzed hand...he continued to build them the best he could with just the one hand. He would get frustrated; but he continued to do them until he passed.

      Taking a little bit every day, when you can, would work wonders for your morale. So happy to hear you have that craft to keep you busy, even if for a little bit of time.

      Keep on working as you can!!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Nice to read about your creative process and you sound very happy doing it! I do love comparison pages - people, or then and now ... always fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alexa! I LOVE scrapbooking - it keeps me busy and out of trouble, as my hubby would say!! That comparison page is just one of several we have done. I have comparison's of my youngest daughter's children and she and her husband; and the above are of my two oldest daughters' sons. It IS fascinating to see how they compare!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome and glad you joined last weeks word as well, still happy to read it. I myself am trying out ART JOURNALING.. thank you for sharing your creative side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Karen! I would like to "learn" the art journaling; I am intrigued with the Journaling Bibles - but not enought to mess up a perfectly good Bible!! I am NOT an artist as far as that goes. It stops at the scrapbooking and card making!

      Thanks for reading my - week late - post on CREATE! And for your comment!

      Delete
  4. I SO relate with this post Barbara - as you may remember I'm your scrapbooking kindred spirit! Lol

    So fun to read how someone else's creative process works to create pages.

    Love it! Thx for sharing. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes!! I DO remember my scrapbooking kindred spirit!! I was away this past weekend at a scrapbook retreat - about an hour from home; so we spent the nights in a hotel along the St. Johns River in Palatka, FL...home of many Murals I have been taking photos of and scrapbooking - for YEARS!! I will be writing a post for The Simple Woman's Daybook in a bit and will share a couple of photos!

      Most of the time, I don't do any scrapbooking at home; mostly because my table (ROOM) is so disorganized right now...but when I do, I take those steps I talked about sometimes a day or two getting it just right before I adhere them to the page!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!