Monday, March 23, 2015

STRENGTH


Time for this week's link up with Karen Beth for Tuesday @ Ten where we have a full week to write on the word prompt.

This week's word is:


STRENGTH...


I have been pondering this word since I saw it on Tuesday - today is now Sunday! 

It seems as if every devotion or scripture I have read the past few days have mentioned "strength" or "strengthen" or "strong"...

Psalm 27:1 says:  "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  (NKJV)

Exodus 15:2 adds to this:  "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."  (HCSP

YES!!  He is "the strength of my life"!  "He has become my salvation!"

What powerful words!!

And this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt was included in my devotion from the Pslams on the same day I read the above Psalm:

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every great experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  You are able to say to yurself, 'I have lived through this horror.  I can take the next thing that comes along.'  You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

It would appear these words are speaking of fear; and that may be so...

But, what I was feeling was the strength; the fact that God is there with me through it all...HE IS THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE!  (If I "twittered" or whatever, I'd do this one!!).

Just browsing through Facebook provided quotes and images focused on "strength" or "strengthen" or "strong"...



And, I know I will continue to need that strength as I walk along the path that God has put before me.

know God gives me strengthstrengthens me for the journey; I know I am strong and have relied on that strength many times in my life...

The following words for March 19th from the Upper Room devotion I am following says:

"Being a long-term caregiver is certainly difficult.  I don't always do it as well as I should {neither do I!}, and I require constant help from God and God's people {me, too!}...when God calls us to do something, God gives us the ability {and strength} to obey."

And these words from "A Daily Journey Through Psalms for Women - a 365-Day Devotion Book" also from March 19th:

"...on those cloudy days when our strength is sapped and our faith is shaken, there exists one from whom we can draw courage and wisdom" {and strength}.




So, on those days when I don't think I can go on another step, when I am weary or exhausted, or too ill to even want to go on...

I will remember that God has my back!  He will give me the strength for the journey.  So...





3 comments:

  1. Good post, you treated it well.

    All I can say about strength right now is that I know how fleeting it is. It hurts to much to move, and to do; and yet I have no choice.

    To call it strength...well, to call it anything virtuous is a presumption. All I know is that the next task demands my best, and I simply have to do it. That's all.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/03/why-marriage-is-important.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrew...I certainly am NOT an expert on strength - or any other word for that matter! I do not know your struggles; yet I "feel" for you in that I can read your pain in every word you write. Getting from task to task...I cannot imagine what pain.

      I pray ... and don't know what to pray ... I just lift up your name to the one who can!

      I appreciate your taking what strength you do have to read and comment on this (and other) posts. Thinking about you and sending you {hugs} and prayers and blessings. No more words, Andrew...

      Delete
    2. Your words are a balm, Barbara. Thank you.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!