Friday, March 13, 2015

Five Minute Friday - PLAN

It is Friday night, just after 10:00 pm; time to link up with Kate for Five Minute Friday...join us at http://katemotaung.com/ to write for only five minutes on a single word prompt!


Tonight's word is:
PLAN



Five years ago, I would have said I had a great plan for my life!  My plan was to work at my job until I could retire; and I expected to be there until I was at least 65 years old.

Now, I didn't consult God on this plan...

And apparently he had other ideas!

In September 2010, I was let go from a job where I had been working for four years - one that I truly loved, in the beginning; but had really become stressful.

Add to that the fact that I was sick a lot - sinus infections, allergies, bronchitis - 

And I was almost 60 years old.

Who wants to hire a 60 year old??

I must have asked that question many times!  And, I did get a seasonal job doing taxes; but that didn't work for someone who needed a full time job with benefits.

Once the seasonal job ended that first year, I was hired for a full time temporary job; so, still no benefits.  I liked the job and my supervisor tried very hard to find placement for myself and the others.  But, cut-backs hit the temporary positions first; and once again, I was without a job!

And, I continued to be sick, coughing my head off every day at work or whatever I tried to do.

My job ended the first part of August, 2011.  My mother was in the hospital; but once she was settled and doing OK...

It was my turn to go to the ER - and I ended up in the hospital for two weeks!!

That is when God's plan was set in motion...

or - was all of the above circumstances His plan all along?

Long story short - and I have no idea where I am in the five minutes!! - but, while in the hospital, they helped me to file for disability; and it was approved...first try!

Now, I didn't have to worry about working!  And, once I was on disability for 2 years, Medicare kicked in...benefits!

It has been almost five years since that "fateful" day I was let go from my job...yet, was it really a "fateful" day??

No; God has put me where I needed to be in order to fulfill the plans He has for me - 
  • To be covered for medical benefits;
  • To be available to care for my husband;
  • To be flexible so I could help my daughters with my grandchildren; and
  • To be able to enjoy my life while I am still young enough and able enough to do so.

God's plans are always so much better than we could have ever imagined them to be!

And even if we do go off track from His plans, or don't "check in" with His Word to follow His plans, He manages to use our messes to put us back on the right track again!


So thankful He has a plan for me!



6 comments:

  1. It can be such a hard thing to trust God, especially when he deviates from the plans we've worked out for ourselves. I'm so glad you've been able to see his provision in such difficult times. Blessings!~A FMF Neighbor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading my post, and commenting! It IS hard to trust God, and it is only in "looking back" that I realize I am where He wants me to be afterall!

      I have been away for the weekend, and will get to reading more blogs later today!!

      Delete
  2. thankful that even when we can't see it most of the times His plans are at work and He IS in control. There is such hope in that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He absolutely positively for sure...IS in control!

      Thanks for reading and commenting; I've been away for the weekend but will catch up soon!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful story! So thankful God has a plan for us all and it's a great one! Following you at FMF. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie for reading and commenting! I am also thankful for God's Master Plans for us all!!

      Will be reading off and on today and this week to catch up from being away...that's always the challenge when you leave for a few days!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!