Monday, March 2, 2015

Fab-ruary 28th



Another day to link up with Helen at:

And to be challenged to "find the fab" in my life!


Today, the challenge is to share -


I AM BEAUTIFUL...

Never have I thought that I was beautiful;
not even pretty!

I always felt that I was homely, a "plain Jane"
(or "Jean" since my middle name is Jean!)...

Me and My "New" Car
1970

No, I've never thought of myself as "beautiful";

But reading a post from Kaitlyn opened my eyes to what being "beautiful" is:

She says, "The clothes don't define me, and what you wear doesn't define you either...You're beautiful, no matter what you're wearing today..."

Audrey Hepburn put it this way:  

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes,
because that is the doorway to her heart."


And I say:  "I am who I am, just as God made me."


IN HIS IMAGE!

Yes, there is a need to lose weight, maybe to up-date or "beautify" my wardrobe; and the grey hairs, lying beneath the box of hair coloring, or peeking out around my forehead...

all of that doesn't make me - or anyone else - beautiful!

Do you remember this quote? 
 

My husband and I recently had this conversation, that gave me an unexpected compliment from one who never gives compliments! 

While I was washing dishes one evening, a commercial with Sophia Vagara came on; I was able to see the TV from the kitchen as my husband commented: "She's a beautiful woman."

"Yes," I agreed, "but she has the money and people to help her be and stay that way."

And his reply - which surprised the heck out of me: "Well, I think you are beautiful!"

The "eye of the beholder"!

And, in the "eye of our Master Beholder," we are all beautiful!


Just the way God made me to be!  And YOU are beautiful, too!



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Lovely to have such a spontaneous truth given to you by someone whom you love and trust :). Super quotes too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexa - sent a letter out to you last week; not sure how long it takes to get there!!

      I am learning a lot in this season of our marriage - almost 32 years (a second marriage for both of us). And I feel the blogging has given me that outlet to share and learn at the same time.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!