Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fab-ruary 27th



Another day to link up with Helen at:

And to be challenged to "find the fab" in my life!


Today, the challenge is to share -


I am an adult.

I have been married for almost 32 years.

I have been "in love" a few times in my lifetime.

But, I am just now learning what LOVE is!

Then, I met him...and it was LOVE!

In the beginning - it was love!
Or, at least what I thought love was
as a 30-year old almost-divorced single mom
with two small children who depended on me.

So, a second marriage;
another child to take care of;
work routines; life routines...
and the love disappeared - 
or diminished in the every-dayness of our lives.

Then, the dementia along with hearing loss and...

Well, let's just say we (or I) diminished
from the romantic couple that first met,
to the middle aged couple
who couldn't find the romance anymore.

But, real love
is not the romantic type portrayed in the movies.
Yes, romance can happen in a loving marriage... 
but not all marriages or romance looks the same.


During Valentine's Day, 
with all the posts on Facebook
about receiving flowers or candy or whatever
from their spouses or significant others,
I posted my own thoughts:

"So, everyone is posting their Valentine's Day pictures; no pictures here...but let me tell you about mine:  My hubby of almost 32 years did not shower me with gifts; typical!  But, what he did do...he showered me with LOVE!  A peck on the forhead, for no reason; a small box of chocolates (days before V-Day); a bottle of red gatorage (because I was sick); helping me to take down and wash the shower curtain; and loading my car so I could go scrapbooking... these are the things of love that I am beginning to see more as love, and cherish!"  (This was shared under "One of My Fave Things from the Week" on the Simple Woman's Daybook posted on February 16th; read the entire post here.)

So, what am I finally learning about love?  A friend put it this way:

Love is in the little things!

And now, when I look into the old but still-blue eyes that attracted me so many years ago, I know this to be true; and I know that, as 1 Corinthians 13:7 says:


 "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."  I Corinthians 13:7


And with God's help, I will do this!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!