Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fab-ruary 26th



Another day to link up with Helen at:

And to be challenged to "find the fab" in my life!


Today, the challenge is to share -

I'D LIKE TO SPEND THE DAY
WITH/DOING...


During the 21 Days of Journaling in January, I wrote about a couple of posts similar to this post.  "Our Last Goodbye" (read it here) was about saying goodbye to my mother; and "My Perfect Day" listed out what my perfect day would look like (read it here).

So, I have been pondering this prompt for the past few days...

What more can I say abut spending a day with or doing?

Then, I read the post by Melanie at Musings and Meanderings for Five Minute Friday...

The word prompt for FMF was "Visit"; and her post opened my eyes to a visit we don't normally think about doing...

A Visit with Ourselves - as Melanie put it, "Just me, checking in with myself and God."

So, my day would look somewhat like hers!

Starting with sleeping until I was completely rested and ready to get up; then I would make myself presentable - for me or whomever I may encounter...

Because, I would be somewhere alone!  Maybe a B&B in the hills of North Carolina!  Or by the beach?!

But, I would be alone...

Why along?  Because I need to just be with myself so I could prepare to check in with myself and God!  (Thanks Melanie!  I needed that!)

So to prepare for this "checking in":

Order breakfast and stay in - well, not really in bed, but relaxing in the cozy room where I had just slept.

Then, a walk by the mountain stream, or along the ocean - depending where I was, of course!

And then...this is where it all comes together...

I would find a quiet place to sit, and let my surroundings just be around me!

With my journal and a pen, or perhaps an art journal, or even one of those really nice journaling Bibles...

I would sit quietly taking in the wonders of God's World and God's Word;

And wait for Him to reveal to me what He wanted me to know - about myself, about my life, about His plans for my future...

Whatever He had to reveal to me - in that place, at that time.

Just...

Being quiet before God and all that was surrounds me.



That is what I would do...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!