Tuesday, February 3, 2015

FAB-RUARY 2nd



Another day to link up with Helen at:


and excited to be challenged to "find the fab" in my life!

Today, the challenge is to write a "postcard from your ideal life"...

So, here goes:

"Retirement is great!  Leaving today for a cruise and visiting a few of those places on my 'Bucket List'.  Once I return home from this cruise, I have plans to visit friends around the country in a whirl-wind road trip.  Who knows, I may show up at your house in the next few days or weeks!  But, for now, I'm off to cruise away..."

That would be my ideal life!

In retirement, I had wanted to have the money to travel and see places all around the world and the US that I either have never been to, or that I'd love to visit (either for the first time, or a return trip).

But, retiring earlier than expected with a bank account that doesn't allow for a lot of traveling...

That retirement dream is over!


BUT, I am not unhappy with my retirement life!  It is FLEXIBLE, FUN, FULL.  I love the flexibility of just making plans to do something at the last minute; or to do nothing at all, if that is what I want to do.

And, the traveling?

Well, there has been and will be a little traveling; if not only to go to an out of town retreat or to visit family; or maybe go to a few places I'd like to visit...

But, it won't be to the extent I had originally planned!

And that is OK, because I am enjoying this life that I have; and who knows...



 ...only God knows what is in my future because He has HIS PLANS FOR MY LIFE!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Barbara...I opened my Bible to Jeremiah 29: 11 last night (obviously He's wanting me to pay heed to it!)....what a coincidence! I find it so beautiful that you're so content with your life [that's an inspiration to me]...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen!! I actually AM content!

      Always appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  2. Jeremiah 29:11 is very encouraging.
    About two years ago, I had to give up my own plans for my life completely, which was very difficult, but I've been slowing learning to accept and appreciate my new circumstances. I'm thankful to know that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS hard to "give up" your plans and accept something different...but different is not always bad and hope that you learn to be content and love where the new plans take you. And, even if you were alone in this, you would NOT be alone because HE would always be with you...our Father will guide you on your new path and always be by your side!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. So very true! Thanks for sharing on Together we Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading this post I shared for Throwback Thursday! Appreciate your commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!