Saturday, February 21, 2015

Five Minute Friday: OPEN




Well, I completely let FRIDAY get away from me; and didn't check last night for the word prompt!


But, I'm not letting the weekend get away from me!


So, I am late but still linking up with Kate for Five Minute Friday to write for five minutes on the prompted word.  Find all the info about FMF at http://katemotaung.com/.


Tonight's word is:  OPEN


My first thought on the word "open" was this song:

"Open the eyes of my heart, Lord!
Open the eyes of my heart,
I (we) want to see Jesus..."

Yes!  To open our eyes, our hearts and be able to see Jesus!

Oh, to have a heart that is open to receiving Jesus, and all that He has to give...

all that He has to show me...

and all the places He wants to lead me...

Yes, to be open to His word and his guidance!

Lord, may I...

"Open my eyes that I may see,
Glimpses of  truth thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.

Silently now I wait for thee
Ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit Divine."

(words by Chas. H. Scott)





2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Leigh! The poem is an old hymn that I love and thought of when the word was shared! The other one is a newer song - Open the eyes of my Heart, Lord! I love music!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!