Wednesday, February 11, 2015

RENEW


It's Tuesday - and that means...

Time for this week's link up with Karen Beth for Tuesday @ Ten where we have a full week to write on the word prompt.

This week's word is:


RENEW 

This word reminds me of the scripture - 



Sometimes in order to be "renewed",
we must "wait on the Lord"; 
we must take the time to stop what we are doing
and listen to what He is saying.


Rushing ahead to do it our way doesn't mean it's not the right way;
but waiting to listen to His way insures it will be right - 
according to His plans!

Now, I'm not saying I do this all the time!

I am not that faithful to Him; and I admit it!

try to take the time first thing in the mornings to be in His Word
and journal my thoughts and feelings about that day's devotion...

Most days I find myself writing down the Scripture, 
Thought for the Day, and a few sentences 
(either from the message or from my thoughts).

But, am I really taking His words to heart?  
Am I really learning from what I am reading?


In these quiet moments - sometimes not so quiet,

I am trying to renew my strength...


so I can soar in ways only He can give;

so I can run without being constantly tired;

and so I can walk and not faint.

So I can do what God has put before me
to do with my life!

The only way this is possible
is through my dependence on Him and His Word.

Renew!


God help me to be renewed for your work in this place;
in my home, my church, my community...
with my family, my friends, and the strangers around me. Amen.






6 comments:

  1. I love Isaiah 40:31, and I often remind myself of this verse.

    I'm saying "Amen" with you, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Romi...

      Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Barbara this is great, I love Isaiah 40:31. I can do what God enables me to do and be. blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Diana! I've been sick last couple of days and haven't done much reading - just sleeping and resting!! I'll try to get some reading done today!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this scripture. It is the same verse that comes to my mind when I think of renewal. I am not good at waiting. I often struggle to trust and yet that is the source of our strength. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Lorig...I am no good at waiting! But, knowing God has it in His capable hands...there should be no worries!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!