Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fab-ruary 15th


Another day to link up with Helen at:

And to be challenged to "find the fab" in my life!

Today, the challenge is to share your ...

Fave Artist

According to Webster's Student Dictionary, an "artist" is:  "a person who draws, paints or plays music."  So, because I am interested in both art and music, I'll share both categories!

"draws or paints"

My favorite artist - person who draws or paints - would be Thomas Kinkade:


I love Mr. Kinkade's paintings, especially those of small cottages and lighthouses!

While on a cruise a few years ago, I had the opportunity to attend an "auction at sea" and bid on one of his paintings.  I was excited to bring home one of his paintings of a beautiful chapel in the woods!

Although I never had the painting framed, I still have it in my possession.

Mr. Kinkade isn't the only artist I like; I enjoy browsing the galleries and looking at all of the beautiful paintings.  But he would be the artist I'd consider my "fave"...

But, since I have a son-in-law that is an artist, I'd have to say he is now my fave!!

And I am proud to share this article that appeared in our local newspaper today, highlighting several artists and business owners, a few of the Creating Forces Driving Jacksonville and our future!


Thony and a few of his paintings
(can you see the toy on the left?!)

...and below are a couple of his paintings on display at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia):


See more about Thony and his art at ThonyAiuppy.com


So, now that we have covered the art, now I want to share my "fave" musicians!

"plays music"


My "fave" Male Artist
B. J. Thomas

A teenage "me" back-stage with B. J. 
around 1967 or 1968


My "fave" female artist
Anne Murray

photo courtesy of Pinterest


And, since I have a daughter who is a musician, my most "fave" musician would be Melissa:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!