Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 10 - 2015 - READY




READY...

                SET...


                          GO!




The race has begun...
Found on Pinterest
Shared by theultralinx.com



The runners are in position; 

the race is beginning and everyone is ready to go!

But...

Am I ready?

Am I ready for the race that is before me?  The race to the finish line ahead...

Am I ready to do what God is calling me to do?  What is He calling me to do...

{On Day One of this 31 Day challenge, the word was "Calling"; in that post, I wondered if I would even know God's voice if He really was calling me.  Read that post here.}

Now, today I am listening to that call; I need to be Ready for whatever it is He wants me to do - for the task ahead; for the race...

Wait!  What does God's calling me have to do with a race and a finish line?

In Philippians 3:13-14 (New Living Translation), Paul says:  "No dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."


So, accepting God's call puts our focus on what is ahead of us; "forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..."

...for the "prize" that we are pressing on to reach; and that prize is our Heavenly Home!

Let us "look forward to what lies ahead", my friends; "let us press on to what lies ahead"!





This is Day 10 of "31 Days of Free Writes", linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group.  Check out all of my "Free Write" posts in this series here.  For more information on the "Write31Days" challenge, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Always good to be reminded that we do not have to be determined by the past but can begin afresh again :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true Alexa!! Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Am I ready? No. I'm being bludgeoned to death. Fine bloody time to take the starting blocks.

    But, for whatever it may be worth...I am here. This was the worst day I have ever lived

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/reaching-for-god-blogbattle.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Andrew...I can only pray for you, my friend! I don't know what to say other than that...you are in my thoughts and my prayers; your precious wife is also in my thoughts and prayers. May God surround you with his comfort and give you strength for the journey...

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of being ready, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, Rachel! Ready? Well, it's a nice concept; and I still wonder if I am!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!