Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 25 - 2015 - CRASH


Thinking about the word Crash -

My first thoughts were to write about the waves crashing into the sea...

And how God would be there as my anchor when they crashed down around me!
Found on Pinterest
Shared by etsy.com


Then, I thought about how tired I was.

My life today - now - is so much busier than "back then" when I was working a 40-hour week and trying to fit everything else into the rest of the time.

Now...

I "go go go" for as long as I can;

Then, I have to take time to rest and catch up on just being "still"!

Today is one of those days!  I have been so busy the past few weeks; going from one thing to another in such a whirl-wind of activity that...

I just didn't know which end was up!

Eventually...

I CRASH!

In the past, that crash has been an illness; whether one that would put me in the hospital, or something as simple as a virus or bad allergy or sinus infection that had me down for a few days.

Whatever it may have been, it gave me the opportunity to rest; to catch up on just "being" and get my strength back for whatever the next few weeks would bring.

And, I'll continue to listen to my "body", because those are the indicators that I need to slow down and rest...

I won't quit!  I won't stop doing the things I love to do.

I'll just continue to go until that time when I crash and then take the time to rest again; but I'll pay more attention to the indicators!

Found on Pinterest
Shared by kaleighsomers.com

So, as long as I keep going - I "get back on that bike"... 

It won't matter that I crashed because I did get back up and keep going!

My life will continue in this whirl-wind way...

Because I love my life!










This is Day 25 of "31 Days of Free Writes", linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group.  Check out all of my "Free Write" posts in this series here.  For more information on the "Write31Days" challenge, click here.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you are learning to care for yourself so you don't have to CRASH. I am learning the same now that my precious husband who balanced me out in this area moved to Heaven. I am pacing myself in it all. Blessings and thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Sorry about your husband...it is so hard to balance ourselves out when our "balancer" is not longer with us...mine doesn't really balance me; he's my source of stress and frustration. But, I need to learn not to let it get me stressed or frustrated.

      Appreciate your reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes - that hitting the wall... I have known that and lived that and as much as I love a bossy list and a full schedule, I too have learned to make Rest and sabbath a priority in each day so that I (theoretically!) no longer hit the wall and crash and burn! Self care is vital to a full and healthy life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karrilee, self care IS vital; and though I still need the rest often, I also still keep up the busy schedule...but need to watch out more closely for the times I need that rest.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I knew where you were going with this! Probably because of my own need to CRASH! Yes, indeed, REST ... rest ... sweet rest. So important to listen to our bodies. They are always talking to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dianne! I started out with our Anchor because no matter how much I (try to) write a post without Him...well, it is BECAUSE of Him that I CAN write it!! I usually end with His care for us; today's took a bit of a different turn, yet still climaxes with His place in our journey.

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. It's vital to listen to our bodies, isn't it? Yet we don't do it as we should. Hoping you rested over the weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd like to say that I DID rest over the weekend; and I guess, in some ways I did...I skipped an event Sat. night because I was just sooooo tired! I didn't feel like making the casserole, showering and getting dressed or even driving over there to "socialize" for the evening, only to come home even more tired! So, I begged off...

      But, I am really trying to listen to my body and get the rest. Today (Mon.) and tomorrow are not quite so busy; I just need to start going through and organizing my scrapbooking stuff for the next retreat coming up in 2 weeks; and also get my laundry done; and some writing...OK, guess it WILL be busy!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!