Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 20 - 2015 - TEMPORARY


Today's word is Temporary...



A few {short} years ago, we had to let our house go.

I fell in love with the huge stone fireplace when I first saw the house.  There were four bedrooms, one perfect for an office or a craft room!  The small kitchen was adequate; the two bathrooms just right for our family.  It was the perfect house...

Or, so I thought!

Speed ahead about 20 years ...

The house was literally falling down from rotted wood; mold and mildew was rampant all through the house, the carpet long since pulled up because of the damage.  The roof was leaking in so many places, we couldn't keep up with it.

This once-perfect home eventually became more than we could {financially or physically} handle.  We did not have the funds or the ability to take care of the major repairs needed; so we let it go.

Our next home - which is where we now live - is just right for my husband and I; and the cat, who came to live with us about a year or so after we had moved into the apartment.

But, no matter how hard it was to leave our house, that had ceased to be our "shelter from the rain";

No matter how much it took to adjust to the apartment we now have...

I am assured of this one thing...

"This world is not our permanent home..."

Found on Pinterest


No matter what our home looks like, it is not our permanent home!  This is our temporary home...







This is Day 20 of "31 Days of Free Writes", linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group.  Check out all of my "Free Write" posts in this series here.  For more information on the "Write31Days" challenge, click here.

10 comments:

  1. Yes it is indeed our temporary home. We all need the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that it isn't! Thanks for reading and commenting, Tara!

      Delete
  2. We are but temporary dwellers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Susan! Just waiting to be in my permanent ETERNAL Home!! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I appreciate your openness to share your life Barbara! Lots of life lessons there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn...guess I am just an open book!! I do tend to share a lot about "me"!!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting; I am sooooo far behind in reading but try to do some each day!

      Delete
  4. Did you know that "Barbara" means "stranger in a foreign land"? So thankful we are just passing through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that Barbara means "stranger" but didn't recall the "in a foreign land"...that is quite interesting, given the post here!! We are surely "strangers in a foreign land", are we not, Barbie!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!