Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Feast... - Prompt 7/21



Today I will be using one of the quotes Dawn suggested as a springboard to get us started.

The quote is by Richard E. Grant; but, first a confession...

I don't know who richard E. Grant is; or, I didn't until I looked on wikipedia and saw he was/is an English actor!

And, when I read through his roles on TV and film...well, let's just say I don't watch "Doctor Who", or "Game of Thrones", or "Downton Abby"...

Not that I wouldn't enjoy them; but my husband wouldn't!

So, that's my confession.  Now, to address the quote.  I'm not sure if this is from a particular movie or TV show, or perhaps just a quote from an interview; but it's a good quote speaking of a "great big feast":

"It always depresses me when people moan about how commercial Christmas is.  I love everything about it.  The tradition of having this great big feast, slap bang in the middle of winter, is an essential thing to look forward to at the end of the year."


Whenever my family gets together - for the holidays, or a birthday, or even just a random gathering - there is always a feast!

Depending on the occasion, the menu may be ham, turkey, lasagna, pulled pork, roast, or whatever we'd enjoy eating!  And, of course, whatever sides to go along with the main dish.

Our buffet may look a little like the picture above; though it is usually scattered around the kitchen on counters or the stove-top.  With so much food and so many people, it doesn't work to try to put everything on the table and eat family style; though at times we have tried!

Our Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings are the biggest of the "great big feast" we hold at the "end of the year"...and we always "look forward to" no matter how few or how many attend.

The most important parts of a feast:  a fried turkey, lemon and strawberry surprises, and desserts!




It is always a Feast!


2 comments:

  1. I agree. I don't like feasts, but I DO like the lights and the bustle and the whole tone of Christmas.

    Who says it can't be both commercial and spiritual, all at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Andrew...it absolutely CAN be both commercial and spiritual at the same time!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!