Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - November 30, 2015


Linking up with



FOR TODAY
November 30, 2015


Outside My Window:  A beautiful, sunny day; not sure of the temp, but it is gorgeous outside...and here I am "stuck" inside with a bad cold (or something)!


I am Hearing:  SILENCE!  Hubby is laying down; I am getting ready to go watch a new video I won in a raffle basket a few weeks ago...

{No go...couldn't figure out how to put the TV in the right mode for the VCR.  These new TV's are not user friendly, at least not for an old woman like me!!!}

I am Thinking About:  My life...my "stormy" life; and how God will bring me through it all, but I am soooo anxious to be through it now!  What lesson(s) is/are He trying to teach me (over and over and over again!)?

I am Thankful for:  Family and Friends...we had a blessed Thanksgiving Day, with lots of laughter, fun, food, relaxing, football, cooking and cleaning and...something new: fried turkey! 

I am Praying for:  Myself...I am so tired of feeling sick so often!  Another cold or sinus/allergy infection; this cough is getting to my sleep/rest because every time I lay down, I start coughing and coughing...praying it goes away soon!

I am Wearing:  A pair of jeans, a white top with purple flowers and green leaves, and my crocs (I am hoping to find a new pair after Christmas; these definitely need to be replaced).

I am Creating:  I have decided to make a few Christmas cards; I already have some made and will be mailing these out..but I saw a card design using one of the Stampin' Up stams I have, and I want to make some cards!

I am Going:  To Walgreen's to buy some more medicine; hope to rest better tonight.

I am Wondering:  Nothing at the time; at least, I don't think so...just not "feeling it" today!

I am Reading:  This morning, I finished reading "Sliver of Truth" by Lisa Unger, the sequel to the last book I read, "Beautiful Lies".  Both of these books were definitely a "can't put it down" kind of read!

I will now pick up "Girl Meets Change - Truths to Carry You Through Life's Transitions" by Kristen Strong.  I am behind in reading and linking up with Barbie Swihart and the book study; but I will catch up and participate!

I am Excited for:  The Christmas Holidays...the grandsons will be out for the holiday vacation; my daughter and her husband will be off, too (as teachers, they get the same holidays, and that is such a blessing!); hopefully my other son-in-law will have some time off, or at least "work" from home so he can be with my daughter and grandsons; and my son and granddaughter will be here for a few days!

I am Learning:  What am I learning?  That I am mostly happy with my life; and that, even though I feel as if I am "going through a storm", I know who my guide is ... and if only I keep my eyes on Him through that storm, He will guide me through it!

In My Kitchen:  Well, finishing my post at the end of the day instead of the beginning...the dishes are in the dishwasher, and the kitchen is fairly clean!


I am Pondering:  What things I need to buy to finish up my Christmas shopping...limited budgets require deep thought about this!  Next year, I hope to set aside some every month so when it comes time to shop...

Yeah!  I've tried that before!

A Scripture Thought:  From Psalm 41:1 (KJV):  "Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble."


A Quote:  Marie T. Freeman says:  "When someone needs a helping hand, he doesn't need it tomorow or the next day.  He needs it now, and that's exactly when you should offer to help.  Good deeds, if they are really good, happen sooner rather than later."


And another Simple Woman's Daybook is completed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!