Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - WAIT


Writing doesn't always come easily or quickly for me.  But when I can link up with my friend, Karen, her word and phrase prompts help jump-start my writing.  These posts really stretch my brain to come up with something that makes sense...

and, sometimes it does!

Other times it takes me the full week to get a post written; and it may not even make sense...that is when I go back and edit!!

Be sure to check out Karen's Facebook group for the Tuesday @ Ten followers here.



This week's prompt is:  Wait!



Hurry up!

I'm not ready yet!

Don't leave me behind...

Please wait for me!

I feel like shouting that sometimes; when I am just not ready to go or do or see or...

Whatever!

There are times I want to hurry on with life and get to where I am going.  And, there are times that God tells us to "WAIT"...


The prophet Isaiah tells us to "...wait on the Lord..."
God knows what is in our future; what will happen next week or even tomorrow.  He wants us to rely on Him and not our own selves.  And, by following Him, relying on Him, we will receive what is necessary for our journey...

In fact, by waiting on the Lord, we will be strengthened; we will "run and not be weary";  and we will "walk and not faint."

Whatever steps we have taken on our own, without waiting on the Lord, will be "rearranged" to continue on the path He has set for us.  

Sounds a bit like we are puppets, doesn't it?!  But, I don't think it's quite like that.  He does have plans for us; and when we rush ahead of Him with our own decisions that are not lined up with His plans, He works with whatever choices we have made.

The closer we are to the Lord, the more we will be tuned into the plans He has for us.  By waiting for Him to guide us, we know our steps are surely on the right path! 

So, wait on the Lord.  Let Him guide us on the journey.

Just...WAIT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!