Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - HOPEFUL


Time to join Karen for her weekly prompt link-up...so glad she gives us a week to get our post written!  Since I was away from home (and the computer!) the first part of the week, I am behind...again; but, I am HOPEFUL that I will get it done before Monday night when the link closes!


Be sure to check out Karen's Facebook group for the Tuesday @ Ten followers here.


And, as you see, this week's prompt is HOPEFUL!


Most of the time, I am a pretty positive person.  I am hopeful that things are going to work out - for the good; just as they should.

But, it's getting harder and harder to be hopeful when all around me isn't.

I'm not a depressed or unhappy person.  I have a family and friends that love me.  I enjoy doing things with all of them.  I have a husband that - as far as I can tell - loves me; yet, it's hard for him to show that.  He has never been a very demonstrative person.  Once in a while he surprises me...

But, I know he cares; he helps me in many ways.  It's just that ...

Well, he needs me.  In so many ways, he needs me!

{I don't say that to be bragging.  I watch the things he can't do; the things he can't remember; the things he does that are so odd.  Yeah, he needs someone; and that someone is me!}

I am hopeful that we can find ways to continue this journey - a journey I started writing about in Oct. 2014 during the "write31days" challenge.

Actually, I started writing those journal entries more years ago than I want to think about.  That's when I started seeing the odd behavior.  That's when we received a diagnosis of "vascular dementia."  That's when the journey began...

And, the journey continues.  As we move from "vascular dementia" to a possible worse diagnosis, I am hopeful that...

  • Perhaps it is not what I fear;
  • Perhaps it will "get better";
  • Perhaps I will have the strength and understanding and patience to handle this "whatever it is";
  • Perhaps my "children" will understand and not be affected by the behavior.

I know that the only way I - or we - will make it through this journey is with God's help.  I remain hopeful, knowing that He is the one that can guide us through this walk.

And so I continue the journey...

Into the unknown.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting; and for your blessings...it's a long and winding road; a bumpy one, at that!

      Delete
  2. Barbara, you and your husband will be in my prayers. May God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting; and for your prayers. I prayed during church Sunday and felt His presence; yet, it's the day to day to day happenings that get so hard!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!