Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - FORGIVE




It's "Tuesday @ Ten" time with Karen and her weekly link-up!  I love to join these weekly prompts and jump-start my writing.  Some weeks, the words come quick and easy; others, not as quickly...so glad she gives us a week to get our post written!




Be sure to check out Karen's Facebook group for the Tuesday @ Ten followers here.


This week's prompt is FORGIVE!


"I forgive you," I hear my 5-year old grandson say to his 7-year old cousin.  They were probably having a bit of a spat, as they usually do when together!

But, he is learning to forgive.

Have we - I - learned to forgive?


Remembering a post I'd previously written on "Forgiveness", I found that on February 3, 2015 I posted one for Tuesday @ Ten.  Though I am writing a new post for this week's prompt, I wanted to share what I wrote regarding a few incidents in my life that I needed to forgive someone:

"I knew that if I didn't forgive those who hurt me in these various ways...

"I would continue to be their "victim";  I would be the one destroyed by their hurtful ways because I continued to harbor it all in my head and my mind and my heart.

"God doesn't want this for me - He doesn't want this for any of us.  He wants us to forgive one another because He has forgiven me - and you."

To read this entire post, click here.

I am happy to say that I have forgiven those persons; though I wouldn't quite say I did it in person, as my two grandson's situation.  I have, in my heart and to God, forgiven.

Even the most unlikely person that hurt me has been forgiven...

The one who attacked me almost 20 years ago...

So, why is it so hard for me to forgive the way my husband is - and has been - treating me??

I can only pray that God will help me to forgive him...

And I pray that if you have those you need to forgive that He will also help you.

Just had to include this image I recently found:


Forgiveness brings us peace; and we deserve to have peace, don't we?


Join me next week for another look at a prompted post, linking with Karen for Tuesday @ Ten!






8 comments:

  1. I like this post - especially this part right here...

    I would be the one destroyed by their hurtful ways because I continued to harbor it all in my head and my mind and my heart.


    Isn't it the truth. The story , or mess, gets harbored and larger-built within us if we don't forgive and let it go. It's hard. I spoke on a similar theme/vein in my link up post, as well.

    Your neighbor at tuesday @ ten
    ~Bevy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bevy! I appreciate your reading and commenting...forgiveness IS a hard one; I haven't had the chance to read others' posts, but will get to it in the next couple of days, when life slows down just a little bit!!

      Delete
  2. This is a great post! You are so right, forgiveness brings us peace, and yes, God wants us to have peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! It's always encouraging when I read others' comments to my posts...some days, I just don't "feel" it; and some weeks it takes me days to get one post done...feeling more inspired this week though!!

      Delete
  3. Barbara, this is GREAT!!! I've shared a quote that says the Unforgiveness is the Prison we choose to remain in. FORGIVE yourself... forgive everyone (one from Maya Angelou). Thanks for sharing!! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! It seems a bit hard to do, but it is to our benefit too that we do forgive!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!