Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 19, 2016




For Today
September 19, 2016



Looking Out My Window
Cloudy, thunderstorms expected; and, though they could help to cool things off...

They didn't!

It's still in the high 80's and low 90's.  I am so ready for much cooler weather!


I am Thinking
About my role in this life I am living.  As a caregiver, I need to "embrace" that role; yet, it's hard to do that in the face of one who doesn't treat me in kindness...


I am Thankful
For family and friends who will let me vent; give me encouragement and hugs; pray for us...

And, just be there for me whenever I need them.


One of My Favorite Things
Looking back at things that happen, and thinking:



I am Wearing
A pair of denim capris, a blue, white and gray striped shirt and my slippers.


I am Crafting
I completed three Halloween tags and a door hanger last weekend:










I also completed a Back to School ATC for a swap:




I am Reading
Just started reading "Sunset" by Karen Kingsbury...the fourth book in the "Sunrise" series...

I am Learning
That I need to "embrace" my role as caregiver...

It is what my role is in this season of my life; and I need to be the caregiver that I have been placed here to be.

But, it is hard!


In My Kitchen
Rotisserie chicken and potato salad; and I think I may be ready for some soon!


Shared Quote
"Even if we cannot seem to walk that mile in someone else's shoes, we are still capable of standing beside them to be a supporter until the day they learn to smile again."  (Hannah Brenchen from the Lewy Body Dementia Association).

A Moment From My Day
On the way home from babysitting yesterday, I decided to stop at the used book store to find a new devotional book to use in my morning quiet time.

I spent a few minutes standing and searching the titles; found one that was a possibility; then I sat down in the chair in front of the next shelf...

All books were by or about C. S. Lewis!  And, right on the edge of the shelf, right in front of my eyes...

"A Year With Aslan"!  I have been wanting this book for quite a while now; and there it was, just waiting for me to pick it up!!

And, if that wasn't enough of a sign that I needed to buy it?

When I was checking out, I discovered I had a credit of $7.50!

So, of course it was meant for me to have that book!!


Closing Notes
This week's Simple Woman's Daybook is being written on Tuesday evening.  This may be my normal time for writing since I am babysitting my granddaughter every Monday morning!


Have a blessed week, and join me again next week for another look into my "daybook", or my life as a retired grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!