This week's word is:
Found on PinterestWhat IS faith?
According to dictionary.reference.com, Faith is:
1. "confidence or trust in a person or thing";
2. "belief that is not based on proof";
3. "belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion;
4. "belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.";
5. "a system of religious belief;
6. "the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.";
7. "the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.";
8. "Christian Theology. The trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved."
Most of these definitions could be used for any "general" showing of "faith"; but the ones that I would focus on are numbers 2, 3 and especially 8.
Faith for me - as a Christian, a Child of God - is the belief and trust in God, based on His Word that I have studied, and my knowledge that I have accepted this "unseen God" as my Lord and Savior.
This quote from Hebrews 11:1 says it for us in a beautiful way:
In fact, faith is: "I can't see God, but I love God", as my not-quite four year old grandson told me last night! Well said, my little one; well said!!
The truth from a four year old is that we have not seen God; yet we believe in Him. We know that He is our Creator, our Father, our Savior. He hears our every prayer, whispered or not; He answers our prayers according to His plans for our lives. We have not seen God; yet we love God.
Thank you God - Amen!