Thursday, April 23, 2015

WISH



Time for this week's link up with Karen Beth for Tuesday @ Ten where we have a full week to write on the word prompt.


This week's word is:

Found on Pinterest


WISH!

"...I wish I may,
I wish I might,
have the wish
I wish tonight."


Looking up into the beautiful night sky;

Wishing on a star - 

Hoping...

That it comes true!

Have you ever done that?  Make wishes based on the stars in the sky -

Not just any star...

But that first star you see in the sky!

Did it work for you?

Yeah, me either!!

But...

What about your dreams?

Found on Pinterest
Shared by society6.com


Do our dreams come because of something we wish for in our waking hours?

Do our inner-most desires come through in our dreams?

And, if they do -

Do we actually remember them when we wake in the morning?  Maybe we do; maybe we don't!

I am certainly not an expert on dreams or wishes!

The rest of this quote continues...

"...when you're fast asleep.  In dreams you will lose your heartaches.  Whatever you wish for, you keep.  Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through.  No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."

Cinderella believed it!  And, I believe it...

And, what about this...

Found on Pinterest
Shared by ldssmile.com

Now, that is thinking positive, isn't it!!

But, I also believe - know - that if I "pray to the one who created" {the stars} -


Found on Pinterest

And...

"Delight {myself} in the Lord...

"He will give {me} the desires of my} heart."  (Psalm 37:4)

So, instead of wishing...

Say a prayer!

That's my post on "wish".

But, I wanted to share one more "wish" image:

Found on Pinterest


Praying ALL your wishes come true!



14 comments:

  1. Great post. And kindred spirits today..I wrote on Psalm 37:4 too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you DID use Psalm 37:4 - and not sure why I didn't read it in the Message!! Love reading verses in different versions!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, gentle, simple words speak so profoundly! Thank you (from Tuesday at 10)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebekah! Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! Appreciate your commenting!

      Delete
  4. I love the "some see a weed, some see a wish" and "why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it." Thanks for sharing these uplifting 'wishful' words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were inspired by these "wishful" words!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. I feel as though God is speaking to me through you and Tara's posts today, as I'm praying about a big decision. Thank you for reminding me of God's desire to bless us through our dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara and I DID hit on the same scriptures, didn't we?! Praying with you in your decision..."let go and let God"; He will lead you in the path that is right for you!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Lovely reminders to use our energy to connect with something bigger than ourselves ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alexa! I am learning more and more everyday to look for the kindnesses; to count the blessings that HE has given! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!