Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - FAITH


Another week is here to join Karen for our Tuesday @ Ten posts!  I am always glad to know we have a whole week to come up with our post for this link-up...most weeks I screech in at the last minute!

I sat down late last week to draft out my post, then life happened and took off on a crazy busy time!  So, here I am once again, nearly the last minute...but, here I am!


The prompt for this week is Faith:




As I reflect on this verse, the first thing that comes to mind is how my grandson described "Faith", when he was not quite 4 years old:

"I can't see God, but I love God."

This may sound basic, or simplistic; coming from a toddler, it actually is quite profound - at least, I thought so!

And, it certainly shows that he is being taught the basics...




As this scripture in Hebrews says, faith is what we hope for in our lives, evidenced by things that we can't see.  We don't know what the future holds for us, but we do trust God - have faith in God - that He will take care of us now and in the future.




This week in our women's meeting, we talked about various women of the Bible.  This scripture from 2 Timothy 1:4-5 was shared:

"Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy.  I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and now, I am sure, lives in you.

Just as my grandson is being taught about faith and God, and the stories we read in the Bible, we all first learn from our parents and grandparents.

Other people in our lives also teach us about faith: teachers, pastors, friends, parents of our friends...and so many more!

As we continue to learn the "basics", they carry us throughout our lives.  We learn to live with the faith that everything is going to work out for us; with God as our guide and Savior, we have nothing to fear.





Just because we have faith, though, doesn't mean our lives will be without crisis or illness or other "life happenings".  It just makes things possible, know that God is with us...

All the Way!

Have Faith!






4 comments:

  1. I love your grandson's explanation of faith. Out of the mouth of babes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, isn't! They have a way with words...thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Karrilee! I appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!