Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 29, 2016






For Today
August 29, 2016


Looking Out My Window
This day is quickly winding down!  Been up since just before 7:00 am so I could get to my daughter's house in time to watch my granddaughter.

The closer I drove towards home this afternoon, the cloudier it was!  A stop at the store for a few things, and when I came out, it had rained and already stopped!

But, I got into more rain on the rest of the way home; had to sit in the car for about 25 minutes 'til the rain slowed enough for me to get out.

It has cooled down quite a bit since the rain, and I am loving it!

I am Thinking
About the weekend trip coming up with my daughter...

Praying everything goes well and no drama!

I am Thankful
For the wonderful minister we have had as an interim while reviewing profiles for a new full-time minister!

His sermon on Sunday gave me the assurance that we - the Pastor Search Committee - have made a good decision about the candidate we will be bringing before the congregation...

Excited for everyone to meet this awesome young woman!


One of My Favorite Things
Spending time with my grandchildren...and my "children", too, of course.

Today I began a weekly "job" of babysitting for my youngest granddaughter, 2 years old, one day a week.  I had a great time watching a few kids' shows, reading books, eating lunch, and taking and sending photos to Mommy and Aunt Cathy!

She went down for a nap just before Mommy came home; and I enjoyed a bit of "grown-up" talk with my daughter.


Sending Kisses to Mommy and Aunt Cathy


Being Shy

I am Wearing
A pair of jeans capris and a white top with pink flowers and a bit of blue and green...

And my new slippers!

I am Crafting
Working on coloring a few Prima dolls that I stamped Saturday so I can "dress" them...

Photos after they are done!


I am Reading
"Summer" by Karen Kingsbury; the 2nd book in the "Sunrise" series.

I am Learning
That I am the one that must "control" the situation(s) that occur around here...

If I react negatively, he will also!  If I try to react in a calm way, he will react to that more easily...

And there usually won't be an outburst!

In My Kitchen
The fact that I have a very stuffed tummy means I am DONE in the kitchen!

Dinner cooked; dishes in the dishwasher...

Now I can relax!

Shared Quote
This prayer was posted on Facebook on my birthday by a blogging friend:



A Moment From My Day
Singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Five Little Monkeys" with my granddaughter!  And watching as she repeats what she hears on the show, "Super Why"...

Such a little smart one!

Closing Notes
So, with a bit of back-tracking because of an error and having to start over...

I am finally ready to finish my post!

Check back again next week for another one...

Have a blessed week!


4 comments:

  1. You're granddaughter is adorable... sounds like a good day :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! I've been away from my blog for a few days; need to get back into the writing mode because the Write31Days challenge is coming very quickly!

      Yes, I love that little girl! She looks just like my youngest daughter...her mother, of course! I need to figure out a way to scan a photo of my daughter beside her photo to show how much they look alike!!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. oh wow a female pastor! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A YOUNG female pastor!!! It will be the first female as a Senior pastor for our church; we've had a 2nd or Associate female before...there are other female pastors in our denomination thought...Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). I am looking forward to this new relationship!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!