Thursday, August 11, 2016

"The Letter" - Prompt 15/21





The prompt for Day 15 invites us to write a letter, with several ideas to follow - or not!  I've been pondering this prompt for a few days now...


None of the ideas seemed to work for me.  Yet, I kept hearing the words to a Mercy Me song, "Dear Younger Me":

"Dear younger me,
Where do I start,
If I could tell you everything
that I have learned so far..."

I used the idea of writing a letter to "younger me" in September 2015 for Blog-tember Daily.  That prompt was to write a letter to my 16-year-old self; read that "letter" here.


So, I decided to look ahead and write a letter to my "Future Self"...

Which is much harder!

What do I need to say to my "Future Self"?  When I try to think ahead, it's so hard to even think about what my life will be like...


  • Still living in this 2-bedroom/2-bathroom apartment with Bobby and the cat?
  • Still crafting, enjoying friends; and always still enjoying my family...with Sophie getting married, will I be a great grandmother?!
  • Health OK or worse?  What about Bobby's health, hearing, memory?
  • I'll be almost 70 years old five years from today, and Bobby will be almost 82...wild to think about!

As I said, this is hard!  I can't even think what it will be like in 5 years - or even less!!  So, what "words of wisdom" do I share?

First, I hope you find joy and happiness every day!  And, I hope you can share your joy and happiness with others.

Second, I hope you are taking care of yourself.  I know I'm not the most physically active person, though I am active.  Try to eat healthy and keep your weight under control and don't let life stress you out!

Remember, God has put you where you are for a reason...either to be there to help someone else, or to learn a lesson yourself, or maybe both!  Those doors that were closing years ago, were so He could put you in the right place for His Master Plan!

And, don't forget to have fun!  Whenever you can get out and do something new, different, challenging, FUN...DO IT!

Whenever you can learn a new craft or technique, learn it!

Whenever you get the chance to go some place you've "always wanted to go", GO!

Don't let life pass you by...

Live it to the fullest!

Perhaps this has really been written to the "now me" instead of the "future me"; perhaps it applies to both!

So, grab a strong hold on life, whenever and wherever ...

And live life to the Fullest!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!