Monday, September 14, 2015

Blog-tember Daily - 9-11-15




And it's another day for the 2015 Blog-tember Challenge with Bailey Jean.  Today's prompt is:






It's a Friday night
and you decide to stay in;
what do you do?



There was a time, when I was still working full time, I would come home so tired that all I wanted to do was get into my pj's and just relax in front of the television.

But, a mother is "on call" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...or so it seems!


Many times, when the kids were growing up, instead of relaxing in front of the television, I'd be "Mom's Taxi"...taking them to meet friends at the skating rink or movie theater; then, I'd go home for a while to "relax"; then back to pick them up again at a designated time.  It's what mothers do, right?

Later, when they were older (driving themselves, married with families of their own), I'd come home from work "so tired that all I wanted to do was get into my pj's and just relax in front of the television"...the same as when the kids were growing up!  


So, in my comfy pink snuggie, with a good book, a glass of "something" on the table, and my cat curled up on my lap...I was ready for a perfect evening relaxing!

At this time, instead of taking the kids to their destinations, I would be able to do what I wanted...at least, what I felt I could do.  What I would have liked to do is spend the evening with my friends ... scrapbooking!  But, I was just too tired; so the above evening was just fine for me!

That was then...this is now!

Now that I am retired, I can actually go scrapbooking at any time I wish.  The dates that have become an "almost regular" are Wednesday mornings, from around 10:00 or 11:00 'til 5:00 so we'd be home in time to cook dinner.

Then, if nothing else is happening on a Friday afternoon, I'd head up to our crafting place around 2:00 or 3:00 and stay 'til I was tired; usually around 10:00 or 11:00.  And, sometimes there are special themed crops on Saturday and I head up to our crafting place once again.

Most weeks I don't go all three days; usually if I go on Wednesday, I don't go on Friday unless there's something special happening...

So, on a Friday night when I don't go scrapbooking, I get into my pj's {the pink snuggie has long since been given away; it just didn't fit right!} after dinner and settle onto the couch in front of the television to watch a movie or something with my husband...there may or may not be ice cream included at some point during the movie!

And, when I do go scrapbooking on Fridays...well, I have a great time with my friends!

Flexible!  That's the life!  So, there you have it for Friday nights!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!