Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 20th - Last Minute


LAST MINUTE?!

Yes...that is definitely ME!!  Even when I was working...last minute!

Now that I am retired...

Last Minute!!

Why?  When there is soooooo much time available...24 hours in one day...take out sleeping (or trying to sleep); and eating; and shopping; and crafting; and having FUN with the kids and grand kids...

Well, that would give a reason - maybe!

It seems as if no matter how hard I try to get things done ahead of time -

I always end up doing them at the last minute!

So, what does this mean for the Christmas holiday that is just around the corner...like FIVE DAYS from today will be Christmas Day!!

Most of my shopping starts around November; after Halloween.  We wait for our paychecks to come in (once a month for each of us!) in order to know how much we can spend.  And, NO Black Friday shopping for me!

No Christmas Club accounts to make life easier...that would be easier for sure...maybe next year?!

Most of the time I shop according to what I need first; example - I do an exchange with my scrapbooking friends.  We have two dates for sharing through "Elfster", an online Gift Exchange (see Elfster for more info).  The first exchange is in November; the second near the beginning of December.  So I have to buy gifts according to my person's Wish List by those exchange dates.

This year I bought gifts for my son, daughter-in-law and grand daughter for Thanksgiving since they would not be able to come back for Christmas.  And we celebrated our family Thanksgiving/Christmas together!!

So, with our November and December paychecks, I concentrated on the 5 remaining grandkids!  And, depending on how shopping goes...for the "kids" as well!

And that leaves me shopping this afternoon to finish the grand kids' gifts and decide on the kids' gifts, too.

Busy, Busy, Busy!!


* * * * * * * * * *

These 20 days in December - linking up with other bloggers for Blogmas 2014 - 

have been so rewarding...

searching my memory for favorites and special times during the Advent/Christmas seasons of the past; and sharing memories other bloggers have written.

These last few days have been so busy that I haven't done as much reading as I'd like...but I do plan to return and continue reading and sharing!

Thank you to ALL who have read and commented on my posts!  Thank you to ALL who have read!

May you ALL have the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!