Friday, December 5, 2014

December 4th - Favorite Christmas Music

I just LOVE Christmas music!  I could listen to it all year long; but it is mostly heard during "the season"...what I don't love is that "season" has come earlier and earlier and earlier - where stores begin to play Christmas music about the same time they start decorating...sometimes even before we can get past Halloween!

Now, don't get me wrong...if I walk into a store and they are playing Christmas music, it doesn't matter when it is, I will definitely be singing along - at least as much as I can sing at the time!  My car holds a collection of Christmas music - year round.  Well, that was actually an accident; I didn't switch out the regular CD's for the Christmas ones last year!

But to pick out my favorites?  That would be hard for me to do; but I will list out a few of them:


FUN AND SILLY SONGS:

"All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"
with Michael Buble' and Elmo


"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"

"Frosty the Snowman"

"Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

"I Want a Hippotomas for Christmas"

Heard this on the radio this morning - 
Brightened up my day as I sang along with it!


TRADITIONAL SONGS

"Silent Night, Holy Night"

"O Come All Ye Faithful"

"Joy to the World"

"It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"

"We Three Kings"

"What Child Is This?"


OTHER NOT-SO TRADITIONAL SONGS 

"Blue Christmas" and 
"I'll Be Home for Christmas"
Elvis Presley

"Christmas in Dixie"
Alabama

"Jingle Bell Rock"

"Where Are You Christmas"
by Faith Hill



AND SOME TOP FAVORITES

One of my all-time favorites, made even more special by this awesome group, Pentatonix:

"The Little Drummer Boy"



And, last but certainly not least,
the most beautiful of all - 
and my TOP FAVORITE:

"The Hallelujah Chorus"
from Handel's "The Messiah"



My friend has this quote on her wall:



Music reflects how I am feeling and helps me to stop and listen to the words; and are very often the words that I am needing to hear.  

These words from "Where Are You, Christmas?" puts the holidays into perspective for me:  "If there is love in your heart and your mind, you will feel like Christmas all the time."

Praying love is in YOUR heart and mind and you find Christmas all around you!  Can't wait to see what other favorites are shared!



Linking up December 1 - 25



6 comments:

  1. I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus: now there's a classic Christmas song! Love your picks (didn't know some of them and will be downloading them on Spotify! Thanks!)....*loving* your Blogmas posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of these ARE classics, aren't they?! I had fun looking up some of them on You Tube...thanks for reading and commenting; hope you enjoy the songs you download from Spotify!

      Delete
  2. I love Christmas music too. Yours is a great list. Pentatonix is soooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tara...Pentatonix IS soooo much fun...if I don't get their CD for Christmas, I am going to have to buy it for myself!!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. We share a lot of the same favorites - Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix would be near the top of my list too! I did a list of my top 10 songs back in 2011 when I first started my blog - I'll have to see if the list has changed! Have you heard the Pentatonix version of "Mary Did You Know"? it is out this year and is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard "Mary Did you Know?" I love that song too...I didn't put this on my wish list but would love to have a CD of their music...so good!!! Of course, my daughter knows how much I love their music; so you never know...

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!