Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 22, 2014



FOR TODAY:
December 22, 2014


Outside My Window:
(actually outside the balcony door)
a rainy, over-cast
not-too-chilly day;
warm enough to have the door open
and no heat.

I Am Thinking:
Nest year I need to...
Plan Ahead;
Start Earlier;
Save Money;
Be Prepared for the Holidays!

I Am Thankful For:
Loving, Caring
Friends
who help me
when I am down!

In the Kitchen:
Left-over Goodies
from hubby's family
get-together on Saturday;
and a sink-ful of dishes!

I Am Wearing:
jeans, pink shirt, socks;
kicked off my crocs
when I sat down
on the couch!

I Am Creating:
Nothing!
Plenty to do
AFTER
the holidays;
preparing for craft show
and yard/craft sales.

I Am Going:
No place else today!
Christmas Shopping
is DONE!
I am going to RELAX!
Except for some wrapping
AFTER this movie!

I Am Wondering:
How long the rain will stay;
and,
if it will get colder!

I Am Reading:
Still reading
"The Silver Chair";
Book 4 of
"The Chronicles of Narnia"
by C. S. Lewis
(I only have a few pages left to read!!)

I Am Looking Forward to:
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Christmas Day with Family
New Year's Eve
(probably chillin' at home!)
New Year's Day
(probably scrapbooking with friends,
while the guys watch
football games!)
A New Year - 2015

I Am Learning:
to Receive
Gratefully
(see "Sunday Reflections"

I Am Hearing:
the TV...
the loud TV!
Singing on the movie;
Screaming on the commercials...
Now...
the volumn button works,
and it sounds much better!

Around the House:
Gifts sitting around,
in bags and boxes,
waiting to be wrapped!

A Favorite Quote for Today:

One of My Favorite Things:
Fun holiday music and movies;
and relaxing enough to enjoy them!

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Tuesday - wrapping gifts;
baking cookies with
daughters and grand children.

Wednesday - more wrapping;
Christmas Eve
Candlelight Service
at Church.

Thursday - baking dessert
for Christmas dinner;
Dinner with the family;
and presents!

Friday - maybe nothing!

Saturday - maybe scrapbooking
or nothing!

Sunday - Church;
Special Flowers
in Memory of
My Mother
who passed 2 1/2 years ago.
Love and Miss you sooooo much, Mom.

A Peek into My Day:
Almost shopped 'til I Dropped
trying to finish Christmas shopping!


Now Relaxing!
First day of relaxing
in quite a few weeks!
Cook Dinner
Clean Kitchen
Check e-mail
Write two more Posts
Read others' Blogs
Write a couple more cards!
(Finish my book before I go to bed!!)


"The Simple Woman's Daybook" is DONE for 2014...and then a new year ahead!

What will 2015 bring?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!