Thursday, December 18, 2014

JOURNEY

How many times have I said - "Life is a Journey"?  


Our Journey begins the day we are born!

Journey through Life -

From Birth to Death...

From Place to Place...

Stops along the way;

Detours...

Road Blocks...

Bumps in the Road...

One Way Streets...

And Intersections...


The following quote reminds me that our Journey is continuous; that every Stop along the way prepares us for what is ahead.  Our Destination may be unknown, but we continue on our Journey expecting to get there - some day!


As I was preparing to write this post on the word prompt Journey, I remembered something I wrote about dreams called "On the Road to Somewhere":

"I dreamed I was going somewhere - I am not sure where! - and decided to take a shortcut.  The road was rough and not very straight.  At one point, right in the middle of my path, was a very high set of wide stairs.  I climbed to the top and entered a building.  I wasn't certain where I was but knew I had been there before; I also recall dreaming of this place at least once before.

I seemed to be entering the building from a back door.  I wandered around for awhile trying to find the way out.  There were a lot of rooms and people, some 'walking funny', some lying down.  Finally, somebodyhelped me to find the way to the front door.

As I continued on my Journey to "somewhere", I stopped along the way for a drink and some food.  I saw someone I knew, but didn't realize at first she was with someone.  When I spoke, she just continued reading what she had been reading, and just ignored me!  The person with me said, 'Well, she was with someone else.'

I don't recall that I ever arrived at my Destination!"


Do we ever arrive at our Destination?  

Not really - at least, not until we arrive at those Pearly Gates that await us in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.  In the time before we arrive at our Destination, we continue...

On our Journey through Life...

From Place to Place...

Stops along the way;

One Way Streets...

And Intersections...

'Til Death comes...


In my dream Journey to Somewhere, I may have walked familiar paths or come across familiar people; but I was on a Journey to my Destination - and with God's guidance, I was on the path that I was supposed to take.

Our lives are that way -

A JOURNEY!



Linking up with other bloggers for another "word prompt" post to help jump-start writing on a regular basis!  Check it out at Tuesday @ Ten and join us - you have a whole week to get your post completed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!