Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - CARE


Another week is here; and another opportunity to link up with my friend, Karen, for this weekly prompted post.  Hope to see you there, too!  And, be sure to check out Karen's Facebook group for the Tuesday @ Ten followers here.


This week's word is:  CARE


"I don't care!"

Words that come easily...whether the slight answer to, "What do you want for dinner?"; or a real attitude of not caring about a situation or person.

Not to make this a negative post; but there are times I really don't care!

What will we watch on TV tonight?  I really don't care!  There are certain shows I enjoy watching, but my husband does not.

But, there are also shows that he enjoys that I do not.

And, then there are those we actually watch together!

My life doesn't revolve around a television show.  Most of them I can watch later with Comcast Cable's "On Demand" feature.  And, if I don't catch it, what have I really lost?  An hour or so?!

There are plenty of things I can do instead of sitting in front of a television...though, there are days when that is all I want to do!

But, truly...I do care!

I care about many things:
  • I care about how my "work" looks to others;  I know I'm not as good of a crafter as some of the ladies I craft with; but, I do it because I love to craft!  And, most of the time, I am happy with what I have created.
  • I care about what people think about me, my thoughts, ideas, opinions...but, really, why?!
  • I care about my "children" and grandchildren; my brothers and their families; my "distant" relatives, as in...they live further away than my brothers and we don't see them often  -  or ever!
  • I care about my friends!
  • I care about my online friends; not really a different category of friends, just to make sure you all know I include you in "friends"!
  • I care about my cat, Midnight!
  • I care about how I look...well, not really!  I am who I am and I don't have the funds to dress any other way; or to have hair that shines a beautiful color rather than the dull gray!  But, I am neat and clean and...ME.
  • I care about what I watch on TV...even though I said above that I really didn't care what we watched, I refuse to watch the OLD Black/White shows that seem sooooo ancient now!  And, I refuse to watch movies that have filth, and vulgarity, and cursing...no thanks!
  • I care about...as I said, "many things"!

So, saying that I don't care is really not the truth, since I obviously DO care.  But, at this age, I'm not running my life the way "others" think I should.  I am not a bad person; I don't do bad things.  And, if I am not living my life as others feel I should, then...well, perhaps they can join me because I happen to love the life I am currently living!

Could it be better?  Perhaps!  But, I don't care that I don't have all the things that seem to be missing in my life.  I have what I need; and I have those around me that I do care about!

And, I guess that's my post on "Care"!  It didn't quite go the way I originally thought, as in my being a "care"giver; but here it is!

So, if you feel as if nobody cares about you, just remember there is one who cares for you no matter what!
Found on Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!