Saturday, May 23, 2015

I AM ENCOURAGED BY...



It is time Tuesday @ Ten - with a phrase or "open-ended" prompt to write about, and a full week to get our posts written!


This week Karen has challenged us to write using: 


"I AM ENCOURAGED BY..."


God's Word:

"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course."  Psalm 119:33 (The Message)

"Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for him"
Psalm 37:7 (HCSB)

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10 (KJV)

"Awake, my soul!  Awake, O harp and lyre!  I will awake the dawn."
Psalm 57:8 (NRSV)


These are just a few of the verses that have encouraged me the past few days as I continue each morning in God's Word - routinely; every morning!

It is not always easy to do that - 

When other things, places, people are "calling to me"; luring me away from His Word...

When the noises and disturbances of the world are invading the quiet that I long for...

But, each time I sit down - 

God's Word is faithful and comes through to show me His Way; to assure me He is always there, waiting for me; encouraging me to keep the faith and do that which I know I should do!!


My Family and Friends:

I am always encouraged by those around me...

Whether they encourage me to continue the tasks that are hard {finding quiet time};

or to try when I don't think I can do it {lose weight; walk for exercise};

or to find time for myself - alone or with family and friends; this is not a hard thing for me!  And whenever I do spend time with family and friends - they are always encouraging!


My Blogging Friends:

Actually, my blogging friends are included in the above category!  But I didn't include the encouragement I receive from so many of you to continue in my writing!

I often wonder {this was last week's prompt!} if what I write is even read or helpful to anyone else...

Then I receive comments from those who are reading, and the encouraging comments I receive assure me...they are read, and are helpful to others!

Thank you, Friends, for all the encouraging words - they keep me writing!







8 comments:

  1. The world truly is a much better place when we build each other up rather than tear each other down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, Tara! Hope all is well with you...

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Barbara, like you I am encouraged by each of you. I am your neighbor at Tuesday at Ten. I too am encouraged by God's word and often feel pulled away. I am closer to some of you than I am my family and I am glad that I can encourage you by telling you this was a wonderful post. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diana, I agree - there are many times I feel closer to my blogging friends {and other friends} than my own family; I feel they "know" and understand me so much better! Your words DO encourage me; so glad that I have connected with so many wonderful friends through blogging!

      Thanks for reading and commenting...keep up the writing!

      Delete
  3. God's word is the most encouraging of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Romi! All the encouragement from others is great; but with God's Word are our GREAT encouragement, how can we go wrong?!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Barbara, loved your post......I'm not the same if I don't make time for my daily time with Him.....or my meditation (my 'me time')......love that you mentioned your blogging friends......(I miss my blogging community so much when I don't blog...and I totally get you when you say that you feel so close to your blogging friends!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I realize that time is precious and helps my day, I am more pro-active about making sure I get to it FIRST THING IN THE MORNING...even before I eat breakfast! My blogging friends are the ones that really encourage me the most,second to God, of course! And, I DO feel close to them!

      Thanks again for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!