Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 18, 2015

Linking up with


Linking with The Simple Woman's Daybook again this week - 
Since I really missed reading others' posts and linking one myself!  So, here I am again this week!!

FOR TODAY:
May 18, 2015


Outside My Window:  The sun is shining on another beautiful day - not sure of the temp todya; but the last few days have been in the low 80's - not the high 80's like earlier in the week!

I am Thinking:  Of all the things I really should be doing: laundry; dishes; vacuuming; dusting...get the picture?!

I am Thankful:  For my friends who always have sweet, inspiring, encouraging words to say to me...

I am Wearing:  Gray light-weight "sweat" pants, a black and gray striped night shirt, and my crocs.


I am Creating:  A couple of projects: one is a patriotic door hanger to swap with a total of 10 people; the other will be a birthday "card" (or tag) to swap with close to 25 or 26 people!

I am Going:  To have another busy week; babysitting, crafting; and grocery shopping - it is payday week and our freezer is getting very bare!

I am Wondering:  What my cat is thinking...I keep moving her out of my way (she is laying in between the laptop and my larger monitor) - she is like the "Energizer Bunny"; every time I move her out of the way, she comes right back.  At least now she is laying down!

I am Reading:  I am almost finished reading Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts"; it has been opening my eyes to God's World, his Gifts, and the Everyday Things that ARE His Gifts!  I may grab a book to take with me when I go babysit tonight; but haven't decided what my next book will be!

I am Hoping:  To spend an evening with my friend this week; her birthday was the 9th and we haven't had a chance to go out to celebrate yet!

I am Looking Forward to:  Attending a Piano Recital my daughter is having for her students!

I am Learning:  To slow down more often and "smell the roses"; or at least look at them!  You never know what else you may find while looking!


Photo by BJLondon

In My Kitchen:  Let's just say, it needs my attention!  But, half of a roast is ready to be put into the crock post for dinner!

Around the House:  More attention needed...

I am Pondering:  God's Word - I have been attempting to follow along with Dawn {Enthusiastically, Dawn} with her "Journal Your Journey with Jesus" challenge...I am not completing the challenge as I should; which is sad!  I read two devotions, the scripture references and meditations every morning...some days I do not get it done (like before leaving for church).  I should be more into my prayer time with God and learn what He wants me to be pondering!

One of My Fave Things:  A flexible life-style; I should take more advantage of what I should be doing!

A Favorite Quote for Today:  

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  They must be felt with the heart."  -Helen Keller

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:

Monday:  Chores around the apartment until around 5:0o when I go babysit for my 3 youngest grandkids so my daughter and son-in-law can go to a movie.

Tuesday:  Payday; grocery shopping; filling cars with gas...

Wednesday:  Babysit again...

Thursday:  Piano Recital

Friday:  An open day so far!

Saturday:  Plans have not been made for Saturday yet either!

Sunday:  Pentecost Sunday!  And, another week ended and beginning...just like that!

From the Board Room:  One of my friends posted this beautiful image and quote on Facebook -



Post Script:  A fave photo of yours truly - there aren't very many of them; but thought I'd share one for a P.S.

Photo taken by M.Young
Being Silly at Sweet Pete's Candy Shoppe



6 comments:

  1. Love your silly photo at the sweet shoppe! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodi! I didn't realize the one I posted was this really silly one!! Oh, well...my friend and I had a great time that afternoon; we are due another trip - I ran out of my salted caramels!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I've been getting behind on my bible study lately too - but we're in Leviticus, and it's just so hard to stay focused!
    Wonderful post... hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I started out in Titus, moved on to Philippians and started Colossians; but have also been challenged to read all of Psalm 119...so, I'll have to see where I'll be led tomorrow...

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Nothing like grandma's doing tongue pics. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right?! I really did not realize I had used THAT particular photo!! But, it WAS a fun day with my friend...What we grandma's do with our friends (AND our grands!)...stay there...you know - "what happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's" as well as other various places!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!