Thursday, May 14, 2015

I OFTEN WONDER...



Time for this week's link up with Karen Beth for Tuesday @ Ten where we have a full week to write on the prompt she provides.


This week's prompt is:


"I OFTEN WONDER..."


Yes, I do often wonder what life would be like had I made different choices!

I wonder if things would be better if my decisions were different...


Stay in school?

Go right into the work force?

Get married?

Have children?

Divorce, or stay together?

Move from one state to another?

Re-marry?

Move into a house?

File bankruptcy?


What would things be like today if my choices and decisions were different?

Truthfully, I prefer to just think that whatever choices and decisions I made throughout my life...

God used them to bring me to the place(s) where He wanted me.

{I can almost see Him - looking from one side of the "room" to the other...

Trying to follow the choices and decisions I was making -

And wondering why; what was I thinking!!}


No, I don't sit around wondering what things would be like had I made different choices and decisions;

But, yes, I do often wonder...



8 comments:

  1. Ah yes... I am with you - I tend to believe that while I have free choice - none of my choices were surprises to God and He was at work leading and guiding me right where I need(ed) to be! Great post! We are neighbors over at Tuesday at Ten this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to catch up on reading, Karrilee!! Thanks for reading my post and commenting! I am loving Karen's "phrase prompts" these last two weeks! Look forward to more!!

      Delete
  2. God does have a way of knowing our decisions before we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Tara! And He leads us right to the decision He needs/wants us to make - at least, looking back, perhaps that is what has happened...it's the "decisions" that we really don't have any control over that are hard!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. That's a powerful list of alternative choices - any one of which looks like a life-changer! Glad you are happy with the ones you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make our choices and decisions, Alexa! And those I made have brought me to where I am now...I feel God has had a hand in most of the decisions, and the other "things" that have happened, bringing me to where I am...I AM happy with where I am and how my life is at this point; and thank God for all the blessings he has given me and to where he has brought me!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Barbara a powerful and thoughtful post. I had to let go of the what if's and the if only's and for the mistakes I made, I had to just ask for forgiveness.Each day we have a new set of choices. Stopping by and as always I am encouraged. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! I just had to learn - perhaps the hard way?! - not to look back at the what if's and the if only's because it didn't do any good anyway! We do have a new day every day...and we can make our decisions and choices from then forward - and as you said, ask forgiveness for the mistakes we did make...and LEARN from those mistakes, of course!

      Thanks for reading and commenting! I am encouraged by those who read and leave inspiring and encouraging comments!! THANKS for that!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!