Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 11, 2015

Linking up with


Linking with The Simple Woman's Daybook every other week seems to be working for me;

However, I actually find myself missing it when the "off" week comes around!  Perhaps I'll get back to it every week again - if my weeks will slow down a bit for me?!

But...
FOR TODAY:
May 11, 2015


Outside My Window:  The sun is shining brightly in the sky; the past few days have been almost 90 degrees -

and that is the forecast for today!

It is only May 11th!  How will I ever survive the REAL SUMMER weather?

I am Thinking:  About the things that I need to do today...but that I want to write and read and relax instead.

I am Thankful:  For my loving mother who has been gone almost three years; thankful for the things she taught me and shared with me before she went "home".


I am Wearing:  A pair of gray shorts (yes!) and a light blue t-shirt that says "AWAKE!" which was the theme for the 2010 Quadrennial Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)...but, I do not feel awake this morning!


I am Creating:  I have a couple of projects that I need to make; the first will be due the end of May - a Patriot themed "something"; not completely sure what I'll do, but it may include one of the Prima Dolls that I have been doing lately!


The next project is a Birthday Card for a card swap due in mid-July; not sure how many I need to make yet...but I have started cutting the layers and pieces I need for at least 25.  I will use the Prima Dolls in this one!

These are the projects made in 
the recent Prima Dolls class I took!
(Mine are not done yet!)


I am Going:  To take it easy today; only a short trip to the store to pick up some diet Pepsi (caffeine free!! so I can SLEEP at night!!) and a prescription.

I am Wondering:  Why I haven't stopped long enough to eat breakfast - it is almost 11 am!!

I am Reading:  I gave up on "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stief Larsson.  I had a hard time getting into the book; I was more anxious/excited to start reading Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts" which I am currently reading.

I plan to read Ann's book again - more slowly - and write down the quotes that I want to remember.  If I were to highlight what I want to remember, the whole book would be all yellow (or pink) highlights!

I am Hoping:  For a much less busy week...but I do have several things to do and to prepare for!

I am Looking Forward to:  Our Christian Women's Fellowship board and general meeting; it will be held at our church at the beach.  Their church is located ON the beach; and I just may take some time to take a walk!  (But I also have a scrapbooking event in the afternoon!!).

I am Learning:  To look for God's wonderful gifts in the every day seemingly mundane things; and discovering how blessed I truly am!  Thank you, Ann Voskamp; and more importantly, thank you, God!

In My Kitchen:  I haven't decided what to cook for dinner; and the breakfast I have not eaten yet is still to be fixed - probably a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, which is my standard every day breakfast!  (But, tomorrow...well, I'll share that later...)

Around the House:  Things to put away after - 1) scrapbook weekend; 2) yard/craft sale; and 3) Mother's Day goodies!  Today is my laundry day, and I had good intentions of doing some more organizing in my craft room and some cleaning!

I am Pondering:  Where God will lead me in my Journaling Journey with Jesus...and with Dawn!  I started out in Titus, He led me to Philippians; and I am waiting to see where He leads me now!  Perhaps more in Philippians, or Colossians!

A Favorite Quote for Today:

From Mandy Hale:  "Keep your head up, your faith strong, and your eyes open for the little miracles all around you...because they are there, just waiting to be discovered."

This is so true as I follow the One Thousand Gifts and search for those blessings/gifts things that God gives us every single day!

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:

Tuesday:  Breakfast with the hubby's High School Alumni (from class of 1957 - I am not that old!)

Wednesday:  Help a friend with a scrapbook for the dog she is training for the Patriot Service Dogs non-profit organization (they are the ones I stayed with at the retreat a couple of weeks ago).

Then, catch an originally-written children's drama at our church; and attend choir rehearsal - that one is "note-worthy" because I haven't attended in a while.  Because of a chronic cough and allergies, I am limited to what I can do in singing; but am determined to rehearse with them the next few weeks as our Music/Choir Director is retiring in June!

Thursday:  Our church's Christian Women's Fellowship meeting.

Friday:  Maybe this will be the day to relax?  Or maybe an outing with one of my daughters?

Saturday:  Women's meeting at the beach and Scrapbooking themed crop "Backyard BBQ"!

Sunday:  Church, lunch and a hand-made card event where we will be making 20 cards - that is 4 cards of 5 designs!

OK, so it isn't "a few plans for the rest of the week"!!  My week will be full if I do all of these things!  But I would have it no other way...

I haven't jotted down any particular blogs posts or other interesting things to share in a "Board Room" section or a "Post Script" -

So, I will stop for today and share a photo of my two daughters and I from our Mother's Day get-together:



I love this one of the three of us; but couldn't pass up sharing this silly one, as well

...actually, it isn't the silliest of those taken; but they may not want the others posted!!


P.S. Check out my Facebook page for ALL of the pictures!!


Thank you for joining me for this Simple Woman's Daybook link-up!  Hope to be here again next Monday morning!


4 comments:

  1. You live in a very hot place, Barbara! My little northern self would MELT in 90 degrees!

    I love the picture of you with your daughters......so very sweet :-)

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~
    #SWD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! We are in North Florida - just having some early HOT weather; it will cool down a bit then start gradually getting back up again. I guess you get used to wherever you live!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Those bookmarks are adorable!!! And I love the pictures of you and your daughters!! Hope your get you day of relaxation in! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodi!! The bookmarks are actually the size of a letter-size envelope and can be used as a card or bookmark or whatever!! I have another project that is similar that I am doing for 12 people; it's a door hanger with a patriotic theme!

      I love the photos of myself with my daughters; we don't always REMEMBER to get photos! With the kids and all...especially the 3 smaller ones (4 years, 2 years and 9 months!); but add to that an almost 7 year old and an almost 16 year old!! It's a wonder we do get photos of US anymore!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!