Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 14, 2015 - FLY



Today's word is:  FLY

When I read this word, a poem started forming in my head; and here is the final version of what I jotted down:


If I Could Only Fly

Oh, if I could only fly away,
across the ocean blue...
What would I find,
What would I do?
And will you be there, too?

Oh, if I could only fly away,
Through clouds of fluffy white;
One atop another one,
I would take my flight,
And fly and fly all night!

Oh, if I could only fly away
All the way to you...
I'd find you waiting there for me;
And then what would we do?

Oh, if I could only fly away
To where I'd find you, too;
And where you are is where I'd be;
At last alone with you!

So, when can I begin to fly,
Across the ocean blue;
Or to the clouds above the sky,
Flying up to you?


 One of the quotes I love about flying is:


Found on Pinterest


 Trying to locate an image for this quote, I found the author (I think!) was Erin Hanson; and also found phrases before and after this one:

"There is freedom waiting for you,
on the breezes of the sky.
And you ask
'What if I fall?'
Oh but my darling,
What if you 
Fly?
You will never find your answer,
If you're too afraid to try!"


I couldn't find any images with the entire quote; but loved how it all came together with the additional lines that I did fine!

So, TRY!  And, FLY!  And give your loved ones wings to fly as well!

Found on Pinterest
Shared by babytoboomer.com






This is Day 14 of "31 Days of Free Writes", linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group.  Check out all of my "Free Write" posts in this series here.  For more information on the "Write31Days" challenge, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!