Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 12, 2015

Linking up with


Well, I missed linking up with the Daybook "family" last week; but here I am, catching up on Tuesday morning!


FOR TODAY
October 12, 2015


Outside My Window:  Florida is finally getting some cooler weather!  A slight breeze is blowing through the trees, and it is 74 degrees.


I am Hearing:  My favorite show on TV - the news...NOT!  I am not a big fan of the news; it's always bad!

I am Thinking About:  What a fantastic time we all had at the Puppy Crop...and it was a "Real Puppy" crop...one of the dogs-in-training was bred and her puppies were due today; she had five live puppies {2 girls and 3 boys} and one poor little girl that was stillborn.  Mommy and puppies were doing fine when I left around 4 pm.


A "Real" Puppy Crop
October 12, 2015


I am Thankful for:  The awesome friends I have in my "scrapbooking world"; they are truly special to me...

During the retreat, we had a number of raffles that we could purchase tickets for; several caught my eye, especially a tablet - 

My New Tablet

I am old-fashioned, I guess...usually the last one to have some of the up-to-date technology!  So, I put quite a number of tickets into the bucket to {try} to win it!  I missed the drawings because of other commitments; but when I walked in and discovered I had won the tablet, I was so excited;

But, so were my friends!  One friend told me when they drew my name, everybody cheered for me!


Makes me feel so special; but, they are the ones who are special!


I am Praying for:  Continuing to pray for our Pastoral Search committee as we meet every Tuesday night.  Also, praying for the ministers who will guest preach for us during this period without a full-time minister.



I am Wearing:  A mixture of two pajama sets; a pink and black "One in a Minion" top and pink and black polka dot bottoms, and of course, my crocs.

I am Creating:  Completed the retreat layout, a layout for the page swap, and three other layouts; also, made two cards and a door hanger.  It doesn't sound like much for a three-day crop; but we also spend time visiting, eating, sharing, organizing our stuff...FUN!

Crafts Completed


I am Going:  To be so busy the next few months!

I am Wondering:  If I'll get a good night's rest before getting up early (again!) to go to my husband's monthly alumni breakfast.



I am Reading:  I am still reading "Juliet" by Anne Fortier...so far, so good!


I am Excited for:  More fun times this fall!

I am Learning to:  Listen to my body and take the time out to rest or relax when I need to...and that's not usually enough time as I stay so busy!  But, I know that I need to take care of myself if I am going to be able to take care of anyone else!


In My Kitchen:  Night snack has already been eaten; dishes are in the dishwasher and waiting for me to turn it on!



I am Pondering:  What I will share in a guest post I have been invited to write!  Hmmmm...

A Fave Scripture Thought:  "For it is by Grace you have been saved through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."  (Ephesians 2:8-9).


I used this scripture for one of the "gifts" that I have been blessed with: The Gift of Grace!


A Fave Quote:  After an awesome weekend of scrapbooking with my friends, this one is quite appropriate:






And that ends another week's Simple Woman's Daybook...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!