Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 19, 2015


Linking up with


Half-way through with the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Peggy and the Simple Woman's Daybook again today ... in the afternoon, but here "on time".


FOR TODAY
October 19, 2015


Outside My Window:  Earlier this morning, it was just over 60 degrees; it has climbed to over 70 now...but still a slight breeze and a very pleasant day!



I am Hearing:  As always, the TV, one of those "courtroom" reality shows.

I am Thinking About:  A few of the things I need to get done this week; all preparing for dates that are quickly approaching!


I am Thankful for:  My husband and the help he does give with chores; specifically, he is great at helping me to load and unload my car for crafting events!


I am Praying for:  Several friends are in need of prayer; God knows the specifics.  And, praying for the Pastor Search Committee at church.

I am Wearing:  Jeans, my comfy pj top and my crocs.

I am Creating:  A one-page layout for a page swap...I should say 20 one-page layouts all the same!  When finished, there will be 19 of us with a complete album made up of all the pages; the 20th album is used as a "donation" album.

I am Going:  No place until in the morning when our grocery and other shopping begins...it's that time of the month!

I am Wondering: About gifts for birthdays and Christmas that need to be done with this month's paychecks. 


I am Reading:  Almost finished reading "Juliet" by Anne Fortier; and borrowed "Wuthering Heights" from my daughter to read next!



I am Excited for:  A couple more retreats; first, another scrapbooking retreat and then an annual Fall Women's retreat.

I am Learning:  A new way to read scripture and discern what God wants me to learn from that particular passage.  I know this is not new...and I have actually heard the term before...


Lectio Divina

But, it has been re-introduced to our Pastor Search Committee, who are using a book for self-reflection and prayer.

I found this image on Pinterest, shared by Jenny at The Littlest Way:



and this image gives the Four R's of Lectio Divina (which, by the way, means "Diving Reading"):



It may take some practice - and well-planned timing for when I could do this; but I would like to incorporate this into my morning Bible reading and devotions.

In My Kitchen:  Cubed Steak thawing for dinner tonight...I am actually going to cook!



I am Pondering:  What I wrote for my "write31days" post for today; the word is Honor.  Read my post here.

A Fave Scripture Thought:  And from the above-mentioned post, here is one of the scriptures I used:



Found on Pinterest
Shared by proverbs31.org




A Fave Quote:  And, I'll end today's post with a quote from C. S. Lewis:

"The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because He made us.  He invented us.  He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be...

It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own."


And that ends another Simple Woman's Daybook!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!