Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 24 - 2015 - SILENCE


As we move towards the last few days of this writing challenge, the words seem to blend together, making it a bit harder to write something "different"!  But, I - we all - keep on writing!

Today's word is:  
Found on Pinterest
Shared by tomboyvintage.com



Did you ever stop to think...

That "silence" and "listen" are made up of the same letters - there just happens to be an extra "e" in one of them, and that one is...well, silent!

Found on Pinterest
Shared by flickr.com

Now, I am not an expert in the history behind the words...

But, I do find it quite interesting that they contain the same letters!

I think this is telling me that these two words go hand in hand:

In order for us to be able to listen, there must be silence!

Silence around us; silence within us!

So, as I wait for the silence, I am reminded that:

Found on Pinterest

And I know that, even if my prayers are not spoken out loud, God will hear the prayers of my heart, once I have silenced the "voices" and other distractions around me.

I will end with this Cherokee Prayer:

Found on Pinterest


And that ends Day 24 of the 31 day challenge...



This is Day 24 of "31 Days of Free Writes", linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group.  Check out all of my "Free Write" posts in this series here.  For more information on the "Write31Days" challenge, click here.

1 comment:

  1. It *is* very interesting that they're spelled with the same letters!! Love the last prayer: definitely an 'anthem' to live by. Hoping everything's well with you....Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!