Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A "Rich and Famous" Dream - Prompt 11/21



In my dreams ... there was a pile of dirt in the backyard!  Lying on top of the dirt was a folded up piece of paper - the map!

I grabbed the map before the wind could blow it away.  Right in the middle of all the lines and spaces was a great big X ... marking the exact spot where the treasure would be...

Found on Pinterest

The treasure that was sure to make me Rich and Famous!

I wasn't sure what the treasure could be; but my heart sunk as deep as that hole in my backyard!  Someone had found the map and already started digging.

Who could it be?  Who had stolen my map?

And, did they find the treasure and leave with all my dreams of becoming rich?

Carefully I stepped to the edge of the hole and looked down into the deep dark nothingness.  that's what I saw ... nothing!  Just a deep dark hole!

I looked at the map again for any other clues ... was it the right map?  Did that "someone" count the steps exactly as instructed, or did they miscalculate - you know, that new math is really hard to understand sometimes!

Once I turned the map around, I realized it had been upside down!

As I counted the steps required, I felt a pull stronger than any I had ever felt!  I was heading straight for my treasure ...

As I was getting closer and closer to the mark, I felt chills up and down my spine; an eerie sense of being watched.  Just a few more steps and I could start digging for my treasure.

Then ...

WHACK!

Something hit me in the head with such force that I nearly lost my balance.  Slightly dazed, I stumbled ahead and tried to continue counting ...

Where was I?  Number 23 or was it ...


WHACK!

Before I could continue, another blow to the head.  This time I fell to my knees; trembling and scared, I looked around ...

Someone was running from me with the map in their hand.  I couldn't tell who it was; but I couldn't run after them.  Quickly, I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed the only number I could remember.

Not far away, I heard a phone ringing!  And, I heard laughter!  Loud, boisterous laughter!

Whomever had the map to my treasure, and had hit me in the head, and ...

It must be my ...

No, it couldn't be!

Just as I closed my eyes to try to figure it out, I felt someone shake my shoulders.

"Hey, it's time to get up!  You're late!  You've been in here laughing your head off over something.  Are you OK?"

"No," I answered.  "I've been hit over the head and ..."

Laughing hysterically, my sister replied, "What have you been dreaming?"

"Nothing," I said.  "I was just about to become Rich and Famous.  Guess I won't be after all!"

Found on Pinterest



THE END!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!